Wednesday, December 5, 2012

For The Love Of Comments

It's true, I've taken to commenting on my own blog to make myself feel better.  When I scroll to the bottom of the page and I see the all caps locked "NO COMMENTS" in the bottom of a post it looks so lonely.

I say often that the main reason I write this blog is for myself, so while it might appear that I'm begging for a comment from you I'm really not (although I love them and they make me feel loved. Okay, maybe I'm begging a little).  My blog had 90 views yesterday(for the record Blogger claims I only had three today...guess I wrote something offensive yesterday).
Now probably about 50 of those views were me checking for comments, 1 one was Kevin, one was my Mom, and one was my Dad, so as for the remaining 36 of you, thank you for reading.  I'm sorry for the all the misuses of your and you're, there and their, hear and here, but I right/write very late at night and I am tired and I was never very good at spelling and grammar anyway.

 I do think I  have a knack though for creativity and this space is one way that I fulfill the desire I have for making things.  So to my dear 36, thank you for coming hear, I mean here, to see what I am creating on this my fourth annual Christmas Countdown.
Maggie has been putting little sentences together more and more lately...Like "Sissy's shoes" or "baby nap." I kid you not that her favorite word right now is Baby Je-Je....she is one spiritual baby :)

I admit that the writing is generally of no real value(even though I meant for it to be this year) and the pictures are often of average quality, but they are of very sweet little girls (that is the real reason I checked it 50 times yesterday.)  
Goodnight, to all 36 of you, and Kev, and Mom, and Dad, come back again soon, read with me over a cup of hot chocolate:)
Grace and Peace
xoxo

9 comments:

Joan S. said...

Hi Carly, I admit I like to stalk your blog and see your adorable sweet girls as well as read about what is going on in your life. I know you said you weren't asking for comments but I am commenting to relieve my guilt and so that I can go back to stalking in guiltless silence. :) Seriously, I am thoroughly enjoying your Christmas Countdown and look forward to it every day. It brightens my day! Love you!

Art Teacher's Mom said...

The pictures of Maggie are stunning...especially the third one. I love her expression...and the color she is wearing plus the adorable hat really cause one to focus again on her rosebud lips and blue, blue eyes. I, too, look forward to your Christms countdown and feel doubly-blessed today, having viewed Amy's weekend photos on Facebook. Write on daughter! We Love you!

Kate Hetrick said...

Hey Carly, It's Kate from MOPS. You can count me as one of the 36 that read your blog :) I love reading it...you are such a creative, fun, crafty Christian momma! And your girls are so adorable!

Anonymous said...

I am back.., Laura reminded me to check your blog since you were doing your 25 posts to Christmas! I love reading your posts and seeing your pictures! The girls are so pretty.
Miss you, Jan mc

Kim said...

Carly,

I loved this creative blog and your sense of humor. It's funny how I look for comments on my blog and then read other people's without commenting. I agree with Joan, I stalk in silence. LOL!

Kim

Jill said...

I demand that Jilly gets counted in the daily readers. Sometimes, I even read (look at the pictures) multiple times a day.

Love you all.

MichelleM said...

Hey Carly! I'm one of the 36 stalkers. I love to read your blog even more now that i'm a mom. Your sweet girls remind me so much of my sister and I. My older sister is wild and free with blonde hair and I'm more sensitive and loving (and spiritual) with red hair. ;-) There's more similarities - but i digress. I love your Christmas countdown. Merry Christmas! Michelle Minisci (from Summit Church)

shereflects said...

I'm a faithful reader :) You make motherhood and parenting so beautiful

Unknown said...

Just like Eimile, I too follow your blog consistently. Love your sense of humor and your transparency as you raise your girls.

Lauren Radcliffe (just so you know who I am :)) Wemple