Sunday, August 19, 2012

Don't Quit

"Don't Quit" that was the title of a poem I had to memorize when I was in school and it went something like this,
"when things go wrong as they sometimes will,
when the road you're trudging is all up hill,
Don't quit!"

Nothing is going wrong exactly, but I did think to myself  today that with all the things I want to get done before Christmas I should maybe I should quit the blog for a while to free myself up a bit.  Fall is always such a busy time and I feel like our calendar is already filling up.  Then I remembered that I love this blog and it makes me happy (and sad sometimes too) to go back a read where our family has been.  Not ready to quit yet.


Last week my children and I got to spend some days with my Grandmother.  I love to be around her.  She tells me stories about raising her girls just like it was yesterday.
She told me that one of her little girls was tough, and that the other one was shy and quiet. She told me that when her girls were little she lived with her parents so that she had help.

She also said that because of this she doesn't know how I do it...I really appreciate when people make comments like this to me, it makes me think that they appreciate my profession.

This is a picture of the shy daughter now...she's not shy anymore:)

Not a lot of words tonight.  Just a reminder for my girls, if they ever read this blog one day, that one week in August they spent time with their Great Grandmother, they called her G-G, and they loved her.

Also, a reminder to myself that I love this blog and quitting isn't an option...

Grace and Peace
xoxo

6 comments:

Laura said...

GG is looking adorable, as usual.

Sandra said...

Quitting the blog is DEFINITELY NOT ALLOWED!

Sandra said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amanda said...

What a beautiful post! Your girls will always remember the women that raised them--a beautiful GG, grandmother and mother. You're never allowed to quit this blog, either. :)

Jill said...

I miss my gails.

Art Teacher's Mom said...

Cheers for GG and all great-grandmothers around the world!