Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Long Post, Lots of Pictures

Yesterday morning when I looked out of my window this is the view that I saw.
The night before Kev took the girls  and I to visit his dear friend Jemma and her parents.  They own a B&B in a little village called Cawsand.  It is officially my new favorite place.  Literally, it is a hidden jewel of the world that no one knows exist except for the lovely people that live there.  Everyone...everyone knew each other.  It was like Maybury by the sea and with English accents.
It was a bit like having a vacation within a vacation.  We arrived just in time to head to the beach to watch Penny, Jemma's mum go sailing.  I have been watching the weather in this part of the world for the last month or so.  The weather channel gave me no indication that we would be experiencing any kind of of spring like weather during our visit.

That being  said, when I tell you that the weather in Cawsand was about as close to perfect as you can get, I am not stretching the truth in the slightest.  It was beautiful, and while the salty sea air was balmy and warm, I am afraid to say that the English sea never gets warm enough for me to consider even letting my little toe get wet.  This was not the case for my Little though.  With in minutes of settling into our seats in the sand her dress and leggings were off and she so perfectly fit her name of name of Freedom Flower...

Moments later, after a few too many waves washed over her as she sat on the shore line she completely disrobed.  We tried to stop her, but she just went running down the beach in all her greatness, laughing all the way..
I added the heart

To be honest we have had some rather difficult nights with the girls, since being here.  I guess it is to be expected, but this night being about the 5th in row of sleeping with little girls in my arms, coupled with the fact that Maggie and I got up at 5:30 in the morning, I was feeling exhausted.  When Maggie started to cry I told Kev I didn't want to talk about it.  I firmly expressed to the Littlest that she was done nursing for the night, then laid her next to her father in the bed...I then went and got Libby and laid her on the other side of Maggie.  I crawled into Libby's empty bed, and enjoyed a night of sleep, all by myself.  The girls normally sleep with a sound machine of waves crashing, but in Cawsand all we did was open the window.  It was a great way to sleep.

Tuesday morning  Jemma fixed us a lovely breakfast, she spoiled us really.  After that, we walked down to the beach and there we stayed all day.

Yesterday was one of those days that I didn't want to end.  I'll put it down in my books as one of my favorite days and places of all times.  

I've pretty much decided that I'm moving here when we retire.
Grace and Peace
xox

9 comments:

Art Teacher's Mom said...

So glad you had a nice visit with Jemma. I think it looks like a place I would enjoy visiting. :) Beautiful photos...such fun for you, Kev and the girls.

Gus & Trouble send their love!

Jill said...

I'm moving there too. Into that window. It truly looks like a painting.

Andrea said...

That place could not be any more enchanting! I'm officially jealous (in the kindest way of course). But really, wow, wow, and wow.

Amy White said...

Thanks for posting Sister...I have enjoyed everyone and check every day just in case you post. It makes me feel like we're closer...even though we are never really close by :)

I agree with everyone, this place is beautiful. I want Matt to take me there. We need to do that one day. You and Kev should come with us... :)

Ok enough chitter-chatter...I miss you, but I'm glad all in all you are having a wonderful time!

Hugs and kisses to all of you!!! xoxoxx
P.s. The girls thought the pics of Libby were hysterical ;)

Diane said...

How beautiful. I want to go there too!

Diane said...

How beautiful. I want to go there too!

Beth K said...

Oh my! I love the story and pictures of Libby disrobing on the beach! Your pictures are beautiful as always! I want to climb right inside them and join you! Did you get a new camera? I miss you, friend! Come home soon!

Kim said...

It looks like you are having a great time! I loved looking at all your pictures : ) Can't wait to hear more when you return.

Amanda said...

Did you stay at the B&B? I must go to this place. Seriously.