Saturday, May 26, 2012

Afternoon Tea


One of my favorite thing about the English is that in every and any situation they find it appropriate to drink tea. Every year we come here, one of the first things we do is go to tea room and have a Cornish cream tea.

 A Cornish cream tea is a pot of tea, served with two scones, strawberry jam, and clotted cream.
Let me just pause here and explain the deliciousness of clotted cream...The closest thing I can describe is something that is nearly the texture of butter and marshmallow fluff, but the flavor of fresh whipped cream.
Amen.


We go to a particular tea room every year at a place called  Morwenstow.  It is an old church rectory with a lovely garden.  Just beyond the garden, there is path that leads down to the coastal path.  So after we fill our belly's with all the good the tea room has to offer us, we walk off to the cliffs and admire the beauty that is this place.

The sea, the rocks, the sky....
Drink tea, lots of tea.



Grace and Peace
xxx

3 comments:

Art Teacher's Mom said...

Sunday morning on the porch, sipping my hot coffee and wishing it was a creamed tea with a scone and strawberry jam. I definitely do not need a sweater or a jacket...but it looks beautiful from your end. The little girls appear to have grown...maybe from the fresh English air!

Gus is beside me...he's probably dreaming about a scone.:)Trouble is watching all the birds in the yard that he cannot seem to reach.

Amanda said...

I am seriously considering this place as our next vacation destination! It is truly stunning.

I was showing Maryn the pictures and she said, "I want to go to England for lunch!" And she started to throw one of her little whining fits. :)

I didn't give in, either. I am getting good at this consistency stuff.

Erin said...

Ok, this is beautiful. I want to be there and drinking my tea -- and have some of that clotted cream. It looks like a storybook. And the clothes you all are wearing - it looks chilly. It is NOT chilly here - it's 434234234 degrees or something like that. So glad you are enjoying. I am enjoying living vicariously through you!! Much love!