Sunday, February 19, 2012

From The Mouths Of Babes


 "Mommy I don't want to think about my discipline, I just want to think about the circus"
Don't we all my love, don't we all.

Having a discussion about having another baby one day Libby responded,
"no Mommy we have to keep Maggie a little longer" Then she pointed at Maggie and said "see that one right there, that baby." Then quite sternly with her bottom lip out said "I don't want another baby, I want to keep my Maggie."

I'm so happy that she loves her so.  With Libby's dynamic personality, it really could have gone either way.



"Grandad, the snow comes down and tickles my belly and it tickles my eyes"

We sneaked outside with just a trickle of light left to enjoy the only significant snow we have had all winter.  It was cold, and wet, and lovely.
As surely as she can frustrate me to my very core, she makes me smile moments later when she declares that the circus is what she wants to think about.
I must write these things down.
I don't want to forget them.
I want her to know what a fantastic view of the world she had when she was three.

Grace and Peace
xoxo

2 comments:

Sandra said...

Glad you got the chance to play outside in the snow for a while - Maggie looks quite happy wrapped up warm in her cart and Libby is so obviously delighted with the snow.

I wonder how she will feel in a few years time when she gets to read your blog archive!

Laura said...

I am going to spend my entire day thinking about the circus.

It seems like a lovely thing to do.