Saturday, October 1, 2011

Delightfully Simple

Despite the countless threats of neglectfully forgetting an engagement, I am continually reminded of how simple our life is right now.  If we want to walk to the park in the morning we can.  If the mood seems right to wear tu-tu's, at 10 am, on a Tuesday, we do.  In the back of  my mind, I know it will end and so I remind myself to be grateful for a cup of coffee that can last all morning, while Maggie naps and my Little plays dress up.  In the not so distant future, I see car line drop off's at 8:00 am, and I see ballet class at 7 pm so you must sit and finish your homework first, and I see a calender full of engagements that I just can not neglect.
Photobucket
So I am thankful for this simple time.  Sometimes I think I cling to it, in an almost unhealthy way. Even now our life is too busy to do anything extra.  I laid in bed last night thinking about all the wonderful little things my girls are doing right now that I am not documenting.  So right there at 1:00am I said to myself "self, before anything else tomorrow I will post about our not so complicated life."
Photobucket

Photobucket
A good example of me not taking the time to document was the Little's birthday. We had such a great day...She was on good form from the moment she woke up. When she opened her eyes I said "Happy Birthday precious girl" and she said "Mommy, iss my birfday? Can I have my princess shirt now?" I smiled, tickled that she remembered the Cinderella shirt I tucked in our Target cart weeks ago and told her that we would save it for her birthday.
Photobucket
When she tip-toed into the kitchen for breakfast, she found that her Daddy had left the room filled with balloons just for her. She loves balloons so this alone would have been enough, but we celebrated all day, by using Disney princess dinner wear at every meal, playing at the park, and getting ice cream after dinner.
Photobucket
Photobucket
You know, sometimes we go to the park and it is just another trip down the slide, but on her birthday, the park was ours...we were the only ones there.
Photobucket
She ran from slide to swing to bridge, laughing all the way, with Maggie's gaze fixed on her and a look in her eyes that screamed "just you wait sister, give me a couple montha and I'll be able to run with you."
Photobucket

Photobucket
Before heading out to meet friends for ice cream, we gave her a few gifts to celebrate her third year of life. She was gitty with excitement and some how knew that we had saved the best for last.
Photobucket
Without any caution, she ripped the paper out of the bag and found her very own Belle costume complete with yellow gloves and a pink necklace...It was one of those life moments that made my heart and eyes well up b/c I know that look on her face...She'll feel it again when she tries on her first prom dress, and then again when she finds the perfect wedding dress. I could just tell, that in that yellow netting she felt beautiful!
Photobucket

I had big plans for my Little's 3rd birthday party, even though I was instructed I could not go over board any more after last year, and the year before that.  Due to circumstances beyond our control, I've been forced to plan it on the fly so that her Daddy and Grandma (along with a few others) can be here.  So this Tuesday evening we'll celebrate, with an intimate crowd, the day our Little danced into our lives.  Some days days she's a pixie, some days she's a pirate, but all days I'm sure that her mind takes her to wonderful places...I only wish I could fully go with her to them and not be the one reminding her that it's lunch time, or clean up time, or nap time...
Photobucket

In the mean time, I'll be laying awake at night wondering how I'll ever make time to write about that special day and all the others in between!

Grace and Peace
xxx

2 comments:

Lisa A said...

You had me in tears with the Belle dress, then talking about prom and a wedding. Thanks for reminding me how much we have to savor these precious little girl moments while we have them! Happy Birthday again Sweet Libby Girl!

Amanda said...

Ah, I was crying with the Belle dress too!