Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Moonlight and Lemonade



Did I just make a 2 year old folder in my picture file?  What just happened? Didn't I just cry when I pulled in the drive way with her for the first time?  I  can't believe that we just had her second birthday party...

What a fun time we had... I thought of the theme a few months back, swore to myself that it would be simple to do, made a short guest list, and an easy breezy menu that I could just pull it together no problem at all!
Weeks of planning and money spent and it all sort of snow balled from there, as these things often do.  I found myself asking Kev how hard it would be to whip together a lemonade stand for Libs party.... Yes, he made it, whipped it up all in one evening,  I made the awning and banners.

Hmmmm.....Saturday night we kissed summer goodbye with our first coolish night since the beginning of May, all  while we celebrated the Little's 2nd year of life with our friends and family.
 I loved wandering through our house and seeing people who we have come to know and love in this place, laughing and talking  with armfuls of babies and food...I had the distinct feeling that more days are supposed to be like this.

Here are some of the details...
These are one of the party favors...I made corked bottles of Libby's Lemonade mix for each guest to pucker up their kisser with when they got home!

We also sent our guest home with a bag full of candy...I'm sure all the other moms love me, but who can resist lemon drops and pink and yellow gum balls...Not me!

I didn't actually make a cake b/c I love cupcakes.  These are pink lemonade cup cakes with lemon cream cheese frosting.  They were sugary and sweet, and a bit tart, just like my Little.

Here is the food lay out, it was bbq pork with loads of sides.

I covered the tables with pink gingham and yellow polka dot ribbon, then topped it with a Mason jar and candle b/c even though it never did get dark while our guest were there, it was a "Moonlight and Lemonade" party, so I thought that candles  were needed!

Months ago I found these hot pink striped straws that I thought would be perfect for sipping our lemonade...unfortunately I guess most people thought they were a decoration b/c I still have a ton left, even after I walked around and stuck them in people's drinks.

My favorite idea were these "fill in" thank you cards.  I am the world's worst card writer, thank you, or any other.  If I don't do it immediately I forget and just don't do it at all.  Making these made me excited to share a picture from the party with our guests and get a special thank you to them also.
Despite Libs having more days than not of the "terrible 2's,"on her party day she was almost a perfect hostess.

When her bff Katie arrived Libs walked up to her and said "KK, cute dress."  I seriously wish I would have had my video camera on, it was priceless.

She also kept walking up to her other bff, Robbie, who by the way is just barely 3 months old, and saying "Roddy, balloons, see um?'  She was so excited that all her friends were at her house.  She kept trying to hold everyone's hand! 

Sunday morning, I asked her what was the best part of her party, she whispered to me "the cake, and  singing," not making it up, it was as sweet as it sounds.

That's all I've got from here friends...
I don't think I'll ever get tired of celebrating this curious and wonderful life God gave us two years ago.  It is amazing to me that He knew before I ever even thought of her that she would be this sweet sassy thing  that we hold so dear.
Here's to birthday parties, may they always be filled with cake and love.
Grace and Peace

PS Maggie Bell was out in full form...look how she's growing!

7 comments:

TeamWhitehead06 said...

I love those Thank You Cards! So cute! Libby was an amazing Host for the party! She made sure that she made the rounds and talked/played with all of her guests!

You did a great job! It was such a cool party!

Laura said...

I love Libs, tartness and all!

Erin said...

LOVE these!!! You know I've been stalking and waiting. SOOO SOOO stinking cute. I love all of it. You are an amazing hostess with such attention to detail. I too love the thank you fill in cards. I need to get me some of those! Ha ha! Lots of love to your little and here's to celebrating BIG the little ones we LOVE!

Jill said...

You forgot that she continuously went over who was there... "KK, Wobbie, Charlie, Dada, GG, My favorite cousin ever Jill, Mama"

Love you guys.

MommyB said...

Awww how much fun, can you plan my girls birthday parties next year??? Awesome mommy she's going to remember a great childhood!

Jan said...

Carly, what a great party! I loved all of it. You always do such a great job. Wish we could have been there.

Lisa A said...

Once again, AMAZING job on her party! Libby looked so adorable in her headband and white dress, you and Mags looked so cute, and Kev did such a great job on the lemonade stand. I loved the awning and the lemonade labels. Who am I kidding? I loved it ALL! :)