Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Sparklers....

Photobucket
Actually, there were no sparklers.  The thought crossed my mind for a split second and then I remembered that yard a full of pre-school aged children was probably the worst place ever to have sparklers.  We did have watermelon, flag cake, and much to the dismay of my husband, corn on the cob! I love 4th of July cookouts...it feels like a requirement of summer.  Other requirements include, but are not limited to watermelon, corn on the cob, and playing sprinklers. Perfect, we're done with summer requirements until next year.
Look and see that Fourth of July picnics are good, and hot, and delicious!  I'm going to try to describe each of these pictures using one word, you may feel free to do the same in your head.

Red head
Photobucket

Kindred.
Photobucket

Burly.
Photobucket

Love.
Photobucket

Nervous.
Photobucket

Boyhood.
Photobucket

Precious.
Photobucket
Fun.
Photobucket

Sweetness
Photobucket

Delicious.
Photobucket

again, Delicious.
Photobucket

sweet Liberty.
Photobucket
Laughter.
Photobucket

Sizzlin'.
Photobucket

Home.
Photobucket

Hope you had a great holiday weekend.
I hope you took part in summer rituals.
I hope that my home is always filled with this much goodness.

Grace and peace.
xoxo

5 comments:

Laura said...

I could go for the shimp and corn, right now

Jenn said...

Car, what wonderful pictures of the Jones family 4th of July!!! I love each and every picture of the girls...how beautiful they are!
Jenn

Melanie said...

me too Lo Beth

Sandra said...

It looks as if you all had a great time - Libby with all her friends to play with and Maggie taking it all in - probably thinking "this time next year they'll let me join in".

Jill said...

I LOVE these pictures.