Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Call Me MacGyver

Fact:  Kev is away (of course Kev is away)

Fact:  Laura and her Mom are here visiting and we are having a great time

Fact:  The sink look like this after dinner
Photobucket
Fact:  Laura reached in the sink and found that a dish rag was clogging the disposal

Fact:  She plunged it.  That didn't work.  She called the 1 800 number on the side of the disposal, that was useless.  Nothing was going down...in fact it seemed like more was coming up.  Gr-oss.
Photobucket
Fact:  I called Kev, told him about it, then said "don't worry,  I got this babe"
Photobucket
Fact:  I did a lap of the house found an old coat hanger, a turkey baster, my flower printed rubber gloves, and Kev's tool bag
Photobucket
Fact:  Kev's tool bag was useless, but Laura organized it and took a picture
Photobucket
Fact:  While I was Googling the steps to unclog a kitchen sink, we heard a strange sound coming from the dinning room.  We found this
Photobucket
..of course my cat would bring a frog in the house while I am elbow deep in sink funk
Photobucket

Fact: Laura sucked all of the water out of the sink and disposal with a turkey baster
Photobucket
Fact: She is not acting in this picture...she was making this face the whole time
Photobucket
Fact: I took the pipes apart under the sink, found the clog (which made me gag), and unclogged it myself...not with any of my husband's fancy tools, but with my trusty coat hanger

Photobucket
Photobucket

Fact:  I hope you enjoyed this little interlude in baby pictures to relive my heroic tale from this evening...

Just call me Roto Rooter

Grace and Peace
xxx

6 comments:

Sandra said...

So glad you are keeping your visitors
busy but I'm surprised Libby didn't want to help with the DIY!

Amy White said...

Sooo funny Sister! We are resourceful girls. I had that happen one day here at the apt. and wouldn't you know that an old-reliable metal hanger did the trick for me too! :) I keep one under the sink now...just in case. Good Job!!! And I agree with Laura's face and your words, it is pretty disgusting.

Erin said...

Oh my gosh I am cracking up! I mean, I am sure it was NOT so fun - but you documented it well! So glad you guys are having a blast!!!

Abigail said...

Three cheers!

It must be the age of resourceful homemakers, 'cause my sister-in-law Sarah recently plunged her arm into a weird septic hole (and its gross contents) in her backyard to retrieve an offending clog. The two burly plumbers had tried, but their arms were too thick, and they would have had to go pick up a special tool had she not employed her skinny arm.

You both deserve a medal!

And while I'm handing out medals, here's one for Laura, too! I'm glad you were able to enjoy each other's good company, even under the circumstances.

TeamWhitehead06 said...

This cracked me up! Good job woman! Coat hangers have fixed our bathroom drains many many times!

Amanda said...

This is the best blog post ever! LOL