Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Circus Side Show Act

Photobucket

My girls were dressed up pretty on this warm Monday.
 I tried to get them to sit together for a picture so I could have one of them looking just "so" on my front steps.
 No one wanted to look just "so".
Photobucket

 Maggie Bell cried and Liberty gave her a sticker to try to calm her down.  It didn't work.  I stopped trying to get a perfect picture after that.
Photobucket

The following pictures are more real life.  Every time I try to go any where with  both  of my ladies I feel like we are on display. My mom told me that I need to get it together (thanks for that Babs :).  Is it just me, or is it a work out, both mentally and physically, trying to go any where with two little ones?

Photobucket


 I always wonder if I'm making it more difficult than it really is.  I come home from most outings feeling like I need a nap more than the kids do.  This could be any number of outings, from going to the grocery store (which after our last group trip, I have declared that I will never go alone with both of them again), the post office (ick), the park (which is supposed to be fun right?), a friend's house, and heaven forbid I try to go somewhere like a mall (my browsing days are through).
Photobucket

Photobucket
Truthfully, things go better when we stay at home and stick to the "routine"(as always, I use the term "routine"very loosely).  I'm okay with that, we have a lot of fun at home, but we can't stay here forever.  We have to go out sometimes, and there are days when we are all stir crazy and going somewhere is essential for our sanity.
Photobucket

Photobucket

You know, in the end I love the crazy- beautiful life we have.  I'm okay with not strolling through the Anthropologie sale racks.  I just need reassurance that I'm not the only young mother who finds going to the grocery store a challenge.  I want to know that I'm not the only circus act in town.

Photobucket

Here's to our circus act, may I cherish every moment for all to soon, I will be performing this show alone, which won't be nearly as much fun.

Grace and Peace and little girls who I'm afraid will never look just "so"
xoxo

3 comments:

Lisa said...

YES, it is a work out! And I vow that when I'm "older" I will look upon young mothers with joy instead of annoyance and say "Your job as a Mommy is the best job in the world. Love those kids and have fun" instead of "Wow, you have your hands full." My sister in law who just had a MISERABLE flight from South Africa to D.C. on which people complained about her little (who, my poor neice, was like, "Really, I'm on an airplane for 20 hours?") always says, "You win some, you lose some." But despite Target tantrums or grocery store meltdowns, they require our love and joy. And it's okay for us to tell them what they are doing isn't respectful or honoring, but at the end of the day, we must smother them with kind words and kisses, and though I've only seen you interact with them through your blog, you SO CLEARLY do that, friend! They have the best Mommy in the world designed just for them.

Amanda said...

Hehehe, if you figure it out, let me know! Every time I see my friend with five kids, I think I ask her, "How did you get here?" And other questions like that. I just don't understand how it can be possible.

Andrea said...

Cute pics and I love your necklace! These are sweet days!