Friday, January 7, 2011

Progress is Progress

Slow but steady.  I've thought that about this girl the whole time, she is always steady, but takes her time.  I was induced last night by means of cervical ripening (I will write a post that with surely make you laugh out loud about why we chose induction, but today is not that day).
Surreal is how I described the day that I found out we would be parents again, and surreal is how I feel now.  So different then the last time we were at this maternity ward, no people moving around  us in a whirlwind, no bright lights...just an incredible peace.  I slept well last night and when I woke up this morning they told me my body contracted through the night and that I had progressed to 2 centimeters, which I know doesn't seem like much, but yesterday though she is in a good position her head was not lined up and was preventing any further progress, so 2 is a big deal.
I am ready, I am prayerful, I know that He is in control.
I am desperate to her face, to feel her, to love her, out here in this big world.
\
Grace Peace
xoxo

Philippians 4:4-7
"Rejoice in the Lord always, I will say it again, Rejoice!  Let you gentleness be evident to all.  The Lord is near.  Do not be anxious for anything, but in everything by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your request to God.  And the peace of God that transcends all understanding, will guard your heart and mind in Christ Jesus."

PS Kev will be updating here through out the day. Maybe.  So check back.

3 comments:

Michele said...

Is there ANY way you can stand up and walk around a bit? If her head isn't lined up, it will work wonders for you to stand up and let her drop by gravity a bit. Your pelvis will open and allow room for her little head to maneuver. It might hurt to get up if your contractions are hard....but I would encourage you to do it....IF you can. God bless! Can't wait to see that little face!

Amy White said...

Oh, sweet sister, I love you and am praying for you! I think it must be a feeling you never really quite forget because seeing you in the pictures takes me back to my own big days. Keep working hard for your precious one. :)

Psalm 121:1-3..."I lift up my eyes to the hills. From where does my help come? My help comes from the Lord, who made heaven and earth. He will not let your foot be moved; he who keeps you will not slumber."

Amy White said...

On a funny note...if you remember from the Sound of Music when Maria goes back to abbey the Mother Superior quotes verse1 to her and then breaks into "Climb every mountain..." Just made me smile. On the other hand I do think that these verses are so very comforting, and I remember them rolling through my mind the days that your nieces and nephew were born. Love you!!!