Saturday, January 1, 2011

I Always Tear Up At Midnight

I would say 7 or 8 years ago I was living in a garage apartment in MS by myself.  I remember coming home late one night and realizing that I just had to have him.  I sat down on the garden swing and cried and prayed, something like,
"God if you just let me have him, I'll be good for the rest of my life."

Last night when we crawled into bed after we kissed each other at midnight, I told him that these last couple of years have been the best years of my life.  He said "you like being a mommy then?"  I told him it was more than just that.  I told him that there was time when I wasn't his wife, and being his was part of what made these last few years so wonderful.
 So thank you 2010 for giving me one of my best years.
You gave me an afternoon with my husband and daughter that was perfect,
 You gave me these pictures with the Little that I absolutely cherish,

You gave me the news that I was going to be a mommy again,

You helped me realize that camping just isn't for me, but did not give me Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever...thanks for that.

You gave me the perfect day with my little girl
You gave alot 2010, you definitely were one of the best...

In the past decade  I have gone from a single girl, living in a converted garage trying to make ends meet, to being a wife and mother, and I can't imagine any life that is better than this...
Unless of course I had those yellow plaid wellington boots.

Here's to 2011, may it be one of your best year and maybe it will be the year that  I'll finally have this baby!
Grace and Peace
xoxo

5 comments:

TeamWhitehead06 said...

I was hoping that you had the first baby of 2011! Bummer!

I'm praying for you! Maybe little Maggie will share a birthday with Gman!

Sandra said...

I certainly hope you don't have to wait 'till 2012 for Maggie to put in an appearance!
I hope life as a family of 4 in 2011 will be as good - or better - than the lasy couple of years.

Laura said...

This is such a lovely post! I love your sweet little family.

Jill said...

This post made me tear up. And it gave me hope. Love you guys!

Lisa A said...

I just loved this post! I loved looking back at all the pictures you had posted, and reminiscing "with you". I love that you are not shy about writing about your love for Kevin. It is so refreshing. Hopefully in 2011 one of your best memories will be coming to FL with those two precious Littles, and seeing your friends who miss you dearly! :)