Thursday, December 9, 2010

December 9

Libby's quilt is done.
I think that maybe I made it for me.
She enjoyed jumping on it so much that I might let her have it though.
It look likes coming home after you've been gone for too  long and you find home waiting for you with open arms.
 .
I think I heard it whispered to me "crawl under here and read books to your little girls."  I'm sure that I heard say it would cover her and keep her warm when she's dreaming, that it would curl up with her tucked underneath on snow days, and that she could hide underneath should her heart ever break.
 

I.
Love.
It.


If my Little was a quilt, I think that she would look like this...lots of flowers, lots of color, warm, and very squeezable. 

Here's to all you nay sayers, it's finished, and it is better than I ever imagined it.
Merry Christmas little girl...I hope it keeps you as warm as you make my heart!
Grace and Peace
xoxo

6 comments:

Michele said...

I am amazed! It is beautiful....and the words in your post made me want to cry.

Erin said...

WOW!!! It's amazing! I am so proud of you!! It's truly beautiful and something she will forever cherish.

Sandra said...

Carly, the quilt looks fantastic - Libby will love it as much as you do.

I love the care Libby is giving to her baby in the pictures - she has obviously learnt from a good mother. I also like the red outfit that Libby rejected in favour of the red and green - it's very Christmassy!

Anonymous said...

Carly, the quilt is amazing. You did a fantastic job and it looks great on Libby's bed. I love the colors and all the flowers. By the way, are you taking orders? I would love one for my king size bed!
Love, Jan Mac

Jill said...

It's BEAUTIFUL Car! I know Libby loves it. I can't wait to snuggle under it with you and the girls and read books. Is that wierd? xo

TeamWhitehead06 said...

Great Job Lady Friend! That is one mighty impressive quilt!