Tuesday, December 14, 2010

December 14

It really did snow yesterday...see.

This was as close as I got to it until I absolutely had to.  When I did go out, I wore a scarf, a hat, gloves, and my ski coat.  After about 5 minutes of ridding in the car to birthing class I had a heat surge which made me car sick so I stripped down to just my scarf.  Then everyone looked at me like I was crazy, which if they read my blog, they would know was true.

Also, if they read my blog they would have had the pleasure of sitting in front of thier computer like this, for hours on end, with their tongue hanging out of their mouths.

 I was sure that my Elf Yourself video was going to generate an onslaught of comments that would send my blog into over drive.   Apparently, it was much more comical for the Little and I who spent the better part of yesterday morning trying out different genres of videos for our family.


It came down to the Carol Medley or The Country Christmas...and if you don't know which one we chose, you'll just have to go back to yesterday and watch it...or better yet, go to Office Max and make your own, it's a fabulous waste of time.

In other news, I wrapped some Christmas presents and put them all the way behind the tree.  Yesterday, when I was fixing dinner, I heard the Little squeal, like she often does, and say
"Oh Mommy, new book, look!"
She had squeazed her little body back behind  the tree and was having her own little Christmas present opening party.  I probably should have known better, but I am generally the one in charge of wrapping presents and putting them under the tree...so I'm just trying to be prepared should I be busy doing something else on Christmas day.  So, the presents are staying where they are and the Little is learning that every time she gets this close to the tree, that she Mommy have to have a little talk.

Speaking of the tree...and maybe I've mentioned this in previous years, but a little tradition we started for Libs and will do for Maggie as well, is buying them a Christmas ornament every year.  My parents did this for me also.  I love pulling out all my old ornaments, especially the ones that are really old!  Anyway, we've kicked it up a notch, thanks to an idea from my friend Erin and in each ornaments box there is a little note to Libby telling her all the things that were great in her life that year.  Her first year was a Baby's 1st Christmas rocking horse ornament, last year was a sparkly shoe, so we can remember it was the year that she learned to walk, and this is her ornament for this year...pretty fitting I think...


Oh, and  just b/c it makes me feel good to see her name printed out on a little bell, this is the favor from Maggie's shower...I just love it.  It's very simple,  but seeing my Littlest name makes me can't wait to see her face.


Here's to my Littlest, may she come out and meet us very soon.

Grace and Peace.
xxx

5 comments:

Sandra said...

I hope other people watched your elf greeting - maybe not with their tongues hanging out though! You and Libby obviously enjoyed making it.

I hope Libby manages to stay away from the presents under the tree - it is a very big temptation for her. I never put presents under the tree until both boys were asleep on Christmas Eve!

Trevor said...

I watched it too - very funny...

Mother, that's not strictly true about the presents under the tree - you did for the last 2 or 3 years!!!

Jill said...

I'm pretty sure that you could hide the presents in the locked attic and the Little would still find them. She's one sneaky little gal. Love you all.

I can't wait for Mags either :) Do you want me to paint her nursery? ;)

Lindsey said...

I might have to steal the ornament idea with the little note to go with it! I love it :) I hope Maggie comes to meet you all very soon too!!!

Erin said...

Yes, very soon! Come soon, Mags! Now I have to do the Elf Yourself with Hope - she will get a kick out of it. I am cracking up at Libby and her Christmas unwrapping. Hope has left them alone, but I do think this will be the last year to put them out early. Plus, I always loved seeing the tree Christmas Eve with nothing and then Christmas morning was like WOW! :) I love Maggie Bell's little ornament, and you already know how I feel about the Big Sis ornament. Must FIND ONE! Love you, friend! Praying for Maggie to come sooner rather than later.