Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Falling Off the Band Wagon

I will not let myself fall off...no matter how busy life becomes.
I really do love this blog,  Things about our everyday, this, and that are documented here and I love going back and reading about life raising Libby.

Last week, I stared a huge project.  I foolishly decided that instead of buying the Little her own bedding for her big girl bed, I would make it.  Why I do these things I don't know, in the end I'm sure it would have been cheaper to buy it.  Thanks for the great suggestion Laura! :)
However, I must say that so far, it is going really well, and I just might like it better than anything I could have bought.  Plus, it is so fun to watch Libs across from me while I work, playing with scraps of fabric and thread.  She tells me that she is making a costume...I'll let you know how that turns out.

You know, I have had some really hard days recently.  All relatively, of course...but hard none the less.  Regardless of how frustrating and defeating some days can be, I wouldn't want to be anywhere else, but raising her.  I am grateful for this opportunity.
I am grateful for her.
I am grateful for her Dad, even when his work takes him away from us... again...He does it for us.
We're flying with out our pilot this week for  a few days.  I hope I can steer us right while he's away...

Here's to Libby's Dad, I like him. A lot.

Grace and Peace

9 comments:

Laura said...

I love the material. I love that little girl. I love how her hair is looking. I miss you.

Jill said...

I love Libby's daddy too. And clearly all of his girls too.

Erin said...

It's turning out great! Way to go! Love her little expressions!

Jan said...

Can't wait to see the finished project. it looks like it is off to a great start. You are much more daring than I am. Missing you.

Lisa said...

She is looking so beautifully big girlish in these pics. I have loved watching her grow up through your blog (and you totally inspired me to write my own :) The bedding is beautiful and will be special to her for her lifetime. We are "flying solo" this week, too :( Here's hoping it goes fast for all of us!

Sandra said...

Tell Libby I want to see the finished "Costume" when I'm over in 10 weeks time, not that I'm counting the days yet!
Hope the sewing goes well and I also get to see the finished bedding.
As you know,I love all pictures of Libby but the last one has to be my absolute favourite.

Letha said...

You make Libby's bedding instead of buying it because you are your mother's daughter :0)

TeamWhitehead06 said...

The last picture of Libby is so cute! I love that quilt too! I have become addicted with making things myself rather than buying them new! Although I am willing to bet that you are better at making stuff than I am! I would eventually just toss a big chunk of fabric on Bastians bed and tell him to enjoy his new blankie! I'm not the best at sewing anyhow.. it's better this way!

One Woman's Thoughts said...

What a sweet and darling post. Loved the photos of your sweet little girl! She is precious.

I have been contemplating making a baby quilt, I have never made one before. I don't know if the task is tauntimg or doable for me. I'm looking to you for inspiration!