Thursday, October 7, 2010

What Makes You Tick

A steamy hot mocha, drank by the sea side.  Two American mocha's purchased since I've been back and they just don't have the taste I'm looking.  My midwife claims it's the hormones, but I know different than her.  I know that Starbucks can't produce the same taste that Crooklets Beach does.  Nearly everyday, I found a reason to walk that way from Grandma house... down the road next to the marsh land, past the furniture shop and Uncle Trevor's old house, and strait to the welcoming arms of the beach cafe.
Caffeine or not...Crooklet's mocha makes me tick.

Speaking of ticks, the Little has an extra tick that makes her tock...I secretly have always known this, but her doctor confirmed it the other day.  It seems that her heart has a murmur.  I think it's murmuring  something like "here I come, hold on tight" or "try and stop me, try and stop me," and I'm okay with that. 

After a week of mulling it over, I'm thankful for her strong will.  God made her that way, and who am I to try and resist His handiwork.  He put me here to help steer her wild spirit in the right direction, and that's what I'll do.
As for the medical side of the murmur, it seems it nothing to worry about, just when she grows, she has an extra little bump-bump.
Speaking of bump...I have 12 weeks left with mine.  What?  How did this happen?  How could I be about to have another baby?  It's that whole time thing, it can't be stopped.  It just keeps going even when we're not ready for it.  For the record, I'm happy to report that I am right on target in terms of growing,  I was sure that I had gained an obscene amount of weight on vacation and that my belly would measure 40 instead of 28, but I'm right on target in both areas...(sigh of relief).
In other news, it safe to say our camera isn't ticking quite like it used to.  I took it to the park on Saturday and the lens just sort of fell apart.  I think most of the pictures I took are  just a little bit blurry. I think that maybe British Airways didn't treat it with same care and respect that we do...but then again I might just want to place the blame on someone else besides myself.
Oh well, here's to all of our little ticks. They make us indivduals.
Grace and Peace

xxx

6 comments:

Laura said...

gosh she is cute- spunky and cute!

Erin said...

love the recent pics - and love her extra little tic :) she's precious. :)

Unknown said...

I just love your blog :) Glad you guys made it back safely!...I need you to give me Blog tutorials! Love the new banner with both girls! AND. love Illy coffee too!! yumm
-becca

Amanda said...

I really love that last photo and I really want to find out someday what you're talking about when you gush over English coffee. I've been quite a coffee drinker lately and I'm starting to get bored with Starbucks :)

Sandra said...

The new header for the blog is great - and I love the first picture even if it is a bit blurry.
I'm glad you have decided that your work is to steer Libby's wild spirit in the right direction because in the future her strong will and determination will be a great assett to her.

Lindsey said...

Hey Carly- LOVE this blog entry. One day Libby is going to use all of that spunk and pizazz to do some amazing things in this world!! Here is my blog:
http://happiesteverafter.blogspot.com/

I need to do something creative at the top like you have done...