Sunday, October 24, 2010

Confessions Of A Lazy HouseWife...Again

Confession #1
I had full intentions of blogging about our annual trip to the mountains, but I'll save that for another day so that I can tell you that I'm basically a criminal.   Due to too many Dr.'s appointments in one week, I ran out of change in the car to make it through the toll booths on my way there.  Fortunately, I realized this before leaving the other morning and grabbed the spare change on the shelf to take with me.    Come to find out, as I passed under the booth, after depositing my change in the bucket, only to hear the worst, most annoying sound ever, that I had paid with English money instead of American...who knew that Virginia tolls would only except American money.  I realized this when I went to pay for the second toll and I glanced down at my quarter and instead of seeing Gearge Washington's profile I saw the Queen starring back instead.
Then as if running one toll wasn't enough, last night while driving home from my parents, I ran another one.  You have to pay to cross  a bridge from Maryland to Virginia.  I affectionately call this bridge "the death bridge" due to the fact that it is very tall, and very narrow, and I hate crossing it.  However,  I cross it about once a month, so I know that I have to have $3 to get across.  This toll in particular has no bucket, you actually pay a person.  You can imagine my surprise when I pulled up to find no person, and no bucket...so I just drove through since there was no one to pay...I seriously thought to myself, "maybe it's some kind of fall special, free weekends and holidays or something," and then I heard it again...the same ear splitting buzzer telling everyone with in 5 miles that someone had tried to rip the state of Virginia off by not helping pay for the maintenance of her highways.  The buzzer sounds something like this, ERRRRRRARRRAMMMPMMMPMRRERRS....you know what I mean? 
Confession #2
I spent a significant amount of time really focusing on organizing my life this summer. You know, in preparation of having a second child, I wanted everything to have a home.  So I find it interesting that now that it is autumn and our baby is due in I don't know, 10 weeks, all that organizing is out the window.

Confession #3
None of the laundry is put away...story of my life.
Kev watched the Little almost all day Friday so I could spend the day getting blood work done and hang out with my girl friends later that night. His plan was to work from home.  He actually said the words "how do you get anything done"? which made me feel not so bad about this confession.

Confession #4
I really like things with sugar in them, I don't want to give it up, but I think I will have to if my Gestational Diabetes test comes back positive... and let me tell you this, if they tell me I'm going to have to make it through Thanksgiving and Christmas, as a pregnant woman, with out eating sweets, you better believe I'm going to be one grouchy mama.
I like sugar...end of story. 
While I'm being a little bit grouchy anyway, if you happen to want to leave me a encouraging comment about how cutting out sugar will be the best thing for me and my baby,  I got it.  Sense and logic I have...it's sugar I want.  Patronize me and say you want sugar too!

Confession #5
I really do love Kev's bff Ben, but I wish he knew about the zoom that our camera possesses.  I might like these two pics a lot better if he had not stood two miles away to take them!

Confession #6
My mood could be better tonight... I admit it.  Kev is away for the week, and the prospect of not seeing him for a week has me feeling blue, and a bit cranky after re-reading this post.  Sorry 'bout that.

Here's to a happier post next time...it is good to confess those things that our weighing us down though...I feel better already, I think I'll go run another toll while eating some Halloween candy!

Grace and Peace

4 comments:

MommyB Knows Best said...

HUGS to a great momma, an unperfect momma, and to a sugar loving momma )

Lindsey said...

If I can leave you any encouragement... it would be that I feel the same way and you are not alone, nor are you lazy, nor are you any negative thing! You are just a pregnant mommy, as am I (minus the toddler). I hope you do not end up with Gest. Diab. and can eat that sugar, but if not... your friends and family will understand your crankyness :) I have hypertension and am on medication for it twice a day so I have to limit all of my sodium. No salt for me. And I have never wanted salt more... :) It will all be ok! Going through all of this for the first time, I'm surprised by how LITTLE people actually tell you about the realities of pregnancy... my mind has been blown at least 50 times so far :)

Amanda said...

I don't know about you, but this is the kind of blog post that encourages my blog readers to send emails to me about seeking therapy (lol...not really, but almost. An overreaction, to say the least). But one friend did send me this link that has a cute story: http://proverbs31devotions.blogspot.com/2010/10/real-meaning-of-perfection.html

And, cheers to your hubby! I love it when John admits how hard my job is. Let him know that there will be no point in trying to work from home after the baby is born...whether you are home or not! I often tell John to do his studying at school. It's not happening here!

Jill said...

I want to eat that little gal right up.