Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Driver's Ed

Do you remember how great it was when you were a little kid and your dad would let you sit on his lap and drive the car into the driveway?
Not so exciting for the Little...more on the traumatic side I guess!
Thank goodness her face didn't stay like that...
Dear Grandma...I tried to get a picture of them together and this is what I got.  I think that your son looks awfully handsome, but for some reason your granddaughter would not smile...sometimes she is so pensive (just a little side note...she drew on her arm, she did not slice it open!)
and for the rest of you, here is a shot of the Jones', or Joneses, or Jones's Easter Sunday (Can someone please tell me how to write our name plural the correct way or is it possessive plural?  clearly I need a refresher course in Language Arts).  We had a great time with friends.  We ate ham and lamb, but we sure did miss being with you, whoever you may be!
I love all the pictures in this post, mostly because they all have my Little in them, but also because, when I look at them I can feel how warm they are.  I love the sun and the spring,
Libby loves baby dolls and anything that has to with babies.  In fact, my friend has a new little boy and whenever she tries to hold him, nurse him, change him in front of Libby, she thinks she can jump right in and help her in any way that she can...I need to talk with her about personal space particularly when a lady is trying to discretely nurse her baby!
Here's hoping you're soaking up the sun...while it last.  It is only April you know, and April showers bring May flowers, so were sure to have a few more gloomy cold ones left before summer sets in for good.  Until then, I do so like you 90 degrees with no humidity.  Thank you for coming to Ashland so early.

Happy Tuesday
xxx

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just a little English lesson... I actually just taught this. Your name would be Jonese. Here -es is added to Jones because the singular word ends in an s, just like we make dresses from dress.

Love the first picture of Libby, she looks like she just found out her ride was actually a trip to the dentist office.
Love ya, Jan Mc

Amanda said...

Cute! I love how she's "pensive" with Daddy but really silly when Mommy enters the picture. And I really love that stroller! Do you know what store it came from or what brand it is?

Melanie said...

she looks great in Hot pink

Sandra said...

I can't believe you are getting such lovely weather when I am still wearing a jumper and a cardigan! Hope your lovely weather continues and Libby gets to wear that lovely sun-dress a few more times.

Thank you for the picture of Libby and Kevin - I think I will wait for one in which Libby is smiling to put in the frame.

Jan Mc is right in her spelling of Joneses - I have a book called "Keeping up with the Joneses" so know it is correct.

Laura said...

My fave part of these pics is a little grin from a dad who is chuckling at her daughter's dismay. Did anyone else catch it?

Jill said...

Dar, the first picture of Libs is cracking me up. Another one to pass around the office for sure. We really missed you all at Easter this year but can't wait to celebrate with you this weekend!

Lisa A said...

1. Where did you get those cute shoes she is wearing?
2. How do you get her to keep things in her hair? (or hats on)
3. That first picture had me laughing so hard.
Love it.