Friday, March 26, 2010

Rewind

How long does it take you to leave your house?
Purse, check
Keys, check
Phone, check
All set, pull out of the driveway, drive down the road, and then it hits you, where's the baby??????  You say a word that no good Christian woman should say, swing the car around, and speed back home only to find the baby sitting in the driving chewing on a rock....
Okay, I really didn't forget the baby, but I always forget something, and it has been worse since Kev has been away (yes, 4 weeks running he is still gone).  I did this two days in a row and on the third day, nearly an hour late to meet my parents in Williamsburg, I was on my way to do it again.  As I was tripping down my front porch with baby, purse, phone, keys, and whatever else was spilling out of my arms, I looked down to see the crocuses peaking up through our flower bed.  I love crocuses, they are one of the first signs of spring.  Right there and then I stopped hurrying, put the Little down for a romp in the grass and snapped a picture.  I'm glad I did, it improved my spastic mood.  Then I loaded us in the car and headed down to Williamsburg for a weekend of fun with Babs, G-dad, and cousins...well that is right after I turned back home to get that thing I forgot!
Here's some pics of our Colonial cuties!

I would suggest taking the time to photograph a flower today...may a recommend a little Rose in brown knickerbockers and baby legs!

xxxx
In case you were wondering about the costumes, those are hand stitched by my mom for two little girls that LOVE Felicity, the Colonial American Girl doll!

2 comments:

Sandra said...

The girls look great in their Colonial costumes - oh to be so clever with a needle and cotton!

Jill said...

I LOVE those girls. Dar, eventually I'm going to invest in a really nice camera and then you have to teach me to shoot. Also, thanks for not unloading your car and blogging first.