Friday, December 18, 2009

December 18: Slow and Steady

Even as I type snow falls to the floor, covering our quiet corner of this world with a blanket so apt for this season, I can hardly stand it. My sweetling is resting quietly, improved from last night, after a visit to the doctor and some much needed antibiotics. My mister took to the mountains today for some brotherly snow boarding time. I must selfishly confess that I wish that he were safe and warm with me tonight instead of somewhere between here and there, in this winter wonderland that is gracing our region. However, since he is not I am forced to stare at the looming pile of laundry that needs to be put away, or empty the dishwasher, or write Christmas cards, or wrap gifts, or do some stitching, or, or, or. There are a lot of or's tonight that I'm just going to let go, while I keep up with my promise to you and drink a cup of tea.

I was just thinking that there is much to be done before Christmas, and judging by the amount of people in Walmart, while waiting for the Little's prescription to be filled, there are many other people, at least in this little town, who are making themselves crazy with business. My thought is that, I think God sent the snow as a gift to force us into quiet. To give us an opportunity to stop running and rushing, to clear our minds of what this season has become, and maybe take this moment of being trapped at home, while he decorates the world outside, to remember what day really is approaching.
The day he sent his son, a redemption for us all.
Isn't that amazing?

Just a thought.
To you dear ones, I am wishing you a night full of abandonemnt of chores and quiet reflection of that blessed day that quickly comes.

These pics are just because...the one below is of Gus being still earlier
and this one is just sweet.
Grace and peace,
xxx

1 comment:

Sandra said...

So glad Libby is feeling better - anti-biotice usually make a big difference, very quickly in children.
I don't blame you for wishing Kevin was at home with you and with all the snow around they could have had a great time without having to drive miles away! Hope they have a safe journey home today.