Monday, December 14, 2009

December 14: Economic Downfall

I love getting Christmas cards! Especially ones with pictures of you and your family in them. So where are they all this year?
Sure, we have received a few, but I would have to say that the wall where we hang them for display is a bit scarce in comparison to years past.
What's the deal?
Is it the hard economic times?
Are we on people's naughty list?
Has the price of postage reached such extortionate levels that the good people of America are boycotting the USPS?
Or is that everyone has read this blog and realizes that posting Christmas cards would required a trip to the post office to purchase stamps?
Whatever the reason, I am feeling a bit neglected at that lack of Christmas cards delivered to the Jones's...
Who am I to judge really, I haven't mailed a single card yet. I am happy to report however, the envelops are addressed, minus the stamps (still not ready to go back to the post office just yet).
So as soon as those blessed, warm wished, greetings arrive you can expect one to arrive in your post.
That is, of course, if you're on our list and if you're not, there certainly must be a good explanation why you're not...I can't think of one person on our naughty list...except for maybe that lady at the grocery store that called the Little a husky boy...
So to you dear ones, tonight I am wishing you mail boxes over flowing with Christmas greetings from the ones you that you love!
(If you're one of those really organized people I know who have already sent out your Christmas cards, just disregard this post. I was just kidding and not really complaining at all!)

10 comments:

Erin said...

I feel the same way. We have like 2 cards - it's slim this year. I hope you got ours!

Sandra said...

Why not send Trevor to the dreaded post office?

Sandra said...

I thought you had a friend taking the pictures for your Christmas card this year - that picture looks very much like it was taken in Bude!

Anonymous said...

Did anyone else notice there is a post missing from the 15th?????
No fair trying to skip ahead...

Anonymous said...

Oops, I meant the 14th!

Art Teacher said...

Wow, I sure did put the wrong date! Fortunately, I can edit it and make it right! Sorry, about that, I did write it late at night!

Melanie said...

did ours make it on the wall or did Libby kiss Owen too much and make it all slobbery?

Art Teacher said...

Erin, thank you, your arrived just the other day.

Grandma, that actaully is not our card, I was just playing around...I like making stuff on photo shop.

Mel, although wrinkled your family's did make it to the wall. It is right next to Ben and Joey!

Jessi said...

I know, right? Me and Matt noticed this weekend we have only gotten 3 cards! Usually I have the whole card holder filled by now! Oh yeah,a did I mention I'm not sending any? HAHHAHA! I am doing birth announcements instead!!

Lisa A said...

We need your address!