Tuesday, December 15, 2009

December 15: Duck and Cover


When we moved into this house last year we put up minimal Christmas paraphernalia, we didn't have what we needed really. Mr. Jones knowing my desire for a house that sparkled, braved the dangers of Walmart the day after Christmas to ensure that this year our house would be warm with the glow of Christmas lights.
We have two pretty reindeer standing in the garden, the bushes covered, and pre-lit garland around the porch and over the door. It looks lovely. I love pulling down our little lane at night and seeing our house all aglow at the end of the road.
You can imagine my surprise that it would appear that my pretty decorations have turned a bit hazardous. Upon leaving the house for a cookie exchange Friday night, I was forced to the ground by a kamikaze sparrow that decided to nest in our garland. It would be an understatement to say I was surprised, however after having a fun time with girlfriends at the cookie exchange I forgot about the incident. That is, I forgot until I arrived home only to have that little stinker dart at my head again.
Interestingly enough the bird only flies at my head (basically every time I leave) it conveniently is not there when Kev or Trev exits or enters. They both look at me a little weird when I exit in front of them and duck or wave my arms like a mad woman. Kev was standing in the yard (taking a picture for me) and saw it fly off though, so I have a witness that I am not imagining things!
I do feel a little bit bad that come January, the little bird will surely loose it's resting spot, on the other hand I will feel a bit safer...

Anywho, for all of you who skip my creative efforts at writing and go straight to the pictures, here is a shot that Uncle Trev took of the Little and I wrapping presents today. Have you ever tried to wrap presents with a one year old? It is basically impossible. She looks pretty innocent in this picture but if you receive a present from us that it slightly wrinkled or soggy you will surely know why.
Grace and Peace my friends...
10 days till the big day, the day that changed history for us all.
Exciting isn't it!
xxx

3 comments:

Sandra said...

What self-respecting sparrow wouldn't want to live in the prettiest house on the street? Just be grateful he hasn't invited all his family for Christmas. Atleast not yet!
I love it that you are letting Libby help wrap the presents - it probably takes you twice as long with her "help" but I'm sure she is having a great time.

Jill said...

I'll take one Little wrapped in slobbery wet, wrinkled paper for Christmas please.

Lisa A said...

I DEFINITELY know what you mean about wrapping with a one year old! I think all your family and friends will love the Libby touch though! Love the lights at your house too!