Sunday, November 29, 2009

The Kettle Is Black

Why isn't anybody updating?
Oh right, I'm not updating either. However, I'll have you know that when my life is so busy that I can't even think, I make time to stalk your blog and it is truly disappointing when there is nothing to see.
I don't know how it happened, but somewhere between, traveling to England, making Libby's Halloween costume, going to the mountains, seeing some great friends, eating turkey dinner, and to many things in between to mention, our dear autumn is on her way out and there are white twinkle lights outside my window.
Everyday, I marvel at how it is possible that just two years ago at this time I wondered if I would ever hold a baby in my arms, and last year at this time I was holding a tiny baby in my arms, and here I am today chasing a little girl around saying "no-no" about a hundred times or more a day.
Life has kept us very occupied and time keeps going with no indication of slowing down. However, I cling to her at times willing her to be so small that she needs me as much as she did when she was new, kissing her at least a thousand time a day or more. Sometimes I don't even know I'm doing it.
Sign, and tear, and a deep breath.
I'm back, and I am thinking about posting everyday in December, or at least until Christmas, like an advent calender... but don't keep your fingers crossed!
Twinkle, twinkle.

5 comments:

Amanda said...

I was wondering the same thing--about blogs, I mean. No one has been updating. I guess they're all spending time with their families or shopping. Lol. Go figure! And here I am, checking blogs every day, twice a day. Hm. Sad. I want to know all the details about everyone's Thanksgiving. But I guess I could call people...

Lisa A said...

I promise that after our party week, there will be several posts to check out! I have noticed not many updates too! We so loved seeing you girls, and wish it could be more often. I will most definitely call this time if we end up coming up to VA this Summer/Fall!

Jill said...

I fully support the idea of a post each day. In fact, I support two posts a day.

Melanie said...

i try to kiss my boys a thousand times still
and then afterward i hear "I wiped it off" :)

Sandra said...

You have set yourself a real challenge to write a blog a day - I shall check it out daily with the same excitement that a child has for opening the doors on their Advent calendar so I hope I won't be dissapointed!