Wednesday, August 19, 2009

For The Record

I am the worst baby book keeper. Well maybe not the worst since I know people who keep no record of the AMAZING things their babies do. On the other hand I know Erin, who has kept a detail record of Hope's accomplishments and when we discuss these things it puts me to shame. So I must rely on this space to keep up with what we she did, and how we felt, and all that has gone on in her life so far. You can imagine the disappointment I felt when August 15th came and went with out even remembering that her 11 month birthday had in fact arrived. Maybe it was because we were at the beach, or maybe it was because she didn't nap once that day, or maybe it was because she recklessly slept on my chest the night before depriving me of any sort of good sleep. Whatever it was I forgot, and knowing that I would not recount the turning of 11 months old anywhere else, I am all set to do it hear 4 days late.So what can I say about 11 months old...I love this stage, as I have loved every stage of her life. I can only assume that I will continue to love every stage all while wishing that I could go back for just a few minutes of the last. This will probably end around puberty, I'm guessing.


But for now she is my Libby. So sweet, so strong willed, so tender- hearted, and so full of life. We babysat this month and when I tickled the baby's belly, she did the same, when I pat her bottom to sooth her at nap time, she pats Bernie, when we laugh, she laughs, when other babies cry, she cries. She is just what I always pictured and more.

Libby, can you clap?

Libby, where are your ears?

Libby, is Dad-a so funny?

I hope she makes you smile too!

8 comments:

Erin said...

oh my gosh!!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE it! That laughing was making me laugh like crazy - it's contagious! She's so PRECIOUS! We MUST web chat ASAP!!!!! miss you guys! ps - love that you are saying DROP IT to gussy in the background.

MommyB said...

I love when babies get the hiccups because they laugh so hard, and vise versa. What a little doll you have!

Melanie said...

so cute
just the laugh i always dreamed of for my daughter-in-law

Sandra said...

How could you forget the 11 month birthday! Grandma will make sure the next one isn't forgotten - she cann't wait to celebrate it with you all.
Shame the video came to such an abrupt halt - did Gus think he needed some attention?

Jill said...

It's all fun and games until Gussell eats something he's not supposed to. I can't wait to squeeze that little girl next week.

Laura said...

oh i love that little Libs!

Jessi said...

Carly, I think you do an awesome job with documenting all of Libby's accomplishments:) I know I can always come here and see how she's doing and how cute she is getting! We need to catch up before you travel abroad! Call you soon!

Erika said...

aww she has the cutest giggle! i cant believe she will be 1 soon! yikes where does time go?!