Sunday, July 5, 2009

Mayberry or Something LIke It

Wow, I can't believe that we have lived here for a whole year. July 4th weekend was our first big weekend living in Ashland last year...remember this post. I was amazed at how small towny it all was and once again walking our streets surrounded by neighbors I was reminded of this again.

This is what the 4th of July looks like in our little town

1st we walk into town (on side note, our town really is quite quaint and not at all like a train yard as this picture would suggest)
Then we wave to the engineer driving the train
After 2 trains pass each other simultaneously,
we find our place to watch the parade in the sea of red, white, and blue We pick our favorite dressed up pet, his name is FelixWe wave to the people walking or ridding byand we enjoy being together






When we headed home, I found myself having a fantastic time, lounging on the screen porch with my family. Days like this are precious few, but needed more.

Here are Mom and Dad playing cards, I'm wondering if Dad is trying to cheat here,
here,

and most likely here.Cousin Jill must have got a good card
Libby is not playing the game, but is clearly enjoying sweet potatoes more then she used to.
and just b/c they had so much fun together, here is Gus and his friend Bronson, he stayed with us this weekend.

Bless you all and may your future 4th's be blessed with as much sweet freedom as ours was.

5 comments:

Jill said...

I LOVE this post. It totally captures our day of fun. Libs is the smartest babes I know. And I love you guys.

Jennifer said...

You look so happy! Ashland seems to be the cutest little town! Well I mean Liberty lives there!

Erin said...

love all these pics! i agree, ashland looks like a great town - lots of fun! loved lib's 4th of july outfit :) too cute!

Lisa A said...

I love 4th of July! Every time I see pictures of your town it makes me want to come visit so bad! I love Libby's faces! She is just precious.

Amy White said...

Looks like a great day. I love the worn out picture of Libby at the end. Glad you got to spend the day w/ Mom and Dad and Jill!