Monday, June 1, 2009

June 6th

On June 6th, our little town will be hosting a Strawberry Faire and guess who has a booth?
Me! Oh goodness!
Remember this post, well this is my first step, in trying to do more, on getting out of my comfort zone of just being happy being Kevin's wife and Libby's mom.
I'm selling BeadsForLife, which you can read about on their website. It is a awesome humanitarian company that is devoted to eradicating poverty in Uganda. I'm not really a humanitairian, but I love people, and while I'm not saying I'll never visit Africa, this is my way of showing these people that I love them, even though I may never know them.
I'm also selling Aprons For Africa, which is my bestest's mom's little business which supports Children's Hope Chest.
I'm also going to advertise out little church, which although it is small, I've never been in a more community/relational driven church. It really feel like a "church family," as churchy as that sounds. It's a great church, so if you're from Richmond and you need friends that will love you and meet you where you are, come this Sunday and see us! :)
This verse has spoken to me since I was pregnant with the Little, and has come back to me again, again, and again, since having her and I feel like God is using these words to drive me...I want her to know that life isn't just about us!
Galatians 5 :13
"For you have been called to live in freedom...don't use your freedom to satisfy your sinful nature. Instead use you freedom to serve one another in LOVE"

Here are the beads, they are beautiful, and so fun to wear! If you can't come to the SF in our little town, but you would like to buy some let me know and I'll get them to you...they are very reasonably priced!



3 comments:

Melanie said...

You are a great mama

Laura said...

come next week to Orlando... you could fly in Thursday and out on Saturday... girl time at my mom's you know you love it!

Amy White said...

Hope this is a good time on Saturday. Plus, I think the weather is supposed to be nice. You are doing a very good thing! Love you.