Tuesday, April 14, 2009

A Day(or two) Late and a Dollar Short

(Illuminating the Word, Saint John's Bible)

O
n Good Friday and over the weekend writing on this space was pushed to the rear as other things took prescience, but I did want to share something that was so exciting to me. If you are a very smart person, or a great theologian, you will no doubt find me shallow and immature, but here it is. Friday morning I read and reflected on Jesus' final hours and his death. At the end of Luke 23 Jesus had died, between two ordinary criminals, in the worst way possible. I thought to myself, man Saturday must have felt like the most hopeless day ever, but then I looked down and on the very same page of my Bible where he died, HE ROSE. The grave couldn't hold my JESUS and Hope was given to all mankind...our sins were x-out, all on one page HE did what he said he would do.
Jesus, thanks for loving us, so very much!

Watch this video I found on Girl Talk today. I enjoyed I hope you do too. They are from St. Helens Bishopsgate in the UK, a little bit of the mother land for my sweet husband! There's another video you can watch there also, both profound.


One more thing (since my sister doesn't write a blog, I must relay all funny stories). Amy and Matt were reading the sweeties a story the other night to go along with their Resurrection Eggs. The story came to the part about the crucifixion and Amy read slower and quieter so that the little girls would understand that this was the serious part. The book explained that crucifixion was a punishment was reserved for the very worst criminals. To make sure the girls were understanding Amy stopped and asked Allison in a very quiet serious voice, "was Jesus a very bad criminal?" Allison answered in a very quiet and serious voice, "no Mommy, Jesus was a very good criminal" My sister then realized they would need to go over in detail the definition of criminal before continuing with the story.

Here is the sweetie picking dandelions at Babette's house, I just love the things that come out of her mouth.

No comments: