Monday, November 3, 2008

As Night Fell...

...on our sleepy little town, I was thankful that we came here.
Although I miss the warm Gulf breezes that made even the hot days worth living there and I miss our strong and true friends that were always available for dinner or fun, I can see that God brought us to this place with purpose.
So Saturday night while we walked in the park, and for the millionth time since the leaves started changing stared at their beauty in awe, I felt thankful for being in this place that has now become home. I am praying that I will not get lost in the peace and comfort that we have found in each other, in our baby, and in this life, but that God will use us here to reflect his Love to our neighbors (and you know what they're like:) and to every one we come in contact with. He has richly blessed us, when I know I am not deserving of His favor.
Hmmmm, it is November and I am thankful. I didn't even plan that when I set out to write this post.



Luke 12:48 ...When someone has been given much, much will be required in return...

3 comments:

Laura said...

You can definitely tell how much bigger she is in the picture of you with the Moby. She never took up that much space before.

Art Teacher said...

I know...I was looking at the pics of her first time in the Moby and you barely tell that she is there!

Teri said...

I was going to say the same thing about how big she looks now in the Moby. She is huge! Good work, mama!
Thanks for sharing the spiritual insights into your thankful heart. A joy to read!