Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Sweet September

When we found out last December that I was pregnant, we decided that I would not go back to teaching. Kevin kept asking me what I wanted to do to keep myself busy when I became a stay at home mom. My reply would always be "I can't see past September."
The ironic thing to me is now that September has come and gone, I can't see back before September. I know that life was happening before it got here, but I can't remember what it was like before this September was here.
So I will always look back at this September sweetly, because it turned my world upside down in the most wonderful way...With sleepless nights, baggy eyes, spit ups in my hair, pink everything, little mouse noises at 2 am, and that wonderful smell that I wish was bottled and sold as perfume.
Goodnite, sweet September.

4 comments:

The Old Life said...

she's so precious!!!! I hope I got to see you when you come!

Laura said...

I love her. I miss you. Please send pumpkin cookies. Hug Kev for me, and snuggle that little bug, too... oh and be sure to let Gus know that we love him too!

Melanie said...

so what are you going to do now with all your free time? :)

The Arnold Family said...

I've had that same September feeling! It's a good one, you'll sometimes think of what you might have been doing as a teacher...but it's like it's in another life. Libby is cuter in each picture if that's even possible!