Saturday, August 23, 2008

Rituals

One of my favorite things about living in Ashland is our Saturday morning ritual. We wake up bright and early and go to Ashland Coffee and Tea and then walk to the farmer's market before it gets too crowded. I always get a low fat, decaf mocha...scrumptious! and a bagel, different flavor and different spread every week. Kevin always gets a regular coffee and a cinnamon raisin bagel with cranberry-apple cream cheese. He likes routine! We buy our tomatoes from the market, and before the berries went out, we bought them there too. One week there was peaches. We have also bought fresh eggs and hopefully next week they'll have organic ground beef, we've been waiting for it.
I love this ritual and look forward to it every week, it makes me feel like we live in a place where everybody knows our names. Everyone doesn't know our names, but they do recognize us
...it makes it feel a little more like home.

3 comments:

Erin said...

i love that you go to the fresh market. i wish we had one. i mean, i know there is one downtown, but that's like 234234 miles away! hee hee! miss you!

Jennifer said...

Miss you! I'm getting excited for you...not to much longer. Sorry I haven't responded in a while my life is quite overwhelming at the moment. I miss you:) You haven't been replaced but the Lord has put a nice talkative art teacher next door. I like her. So you know that Michelle is pregnant... awesome huh! Gives me hope.

Amy White said...

Car~ Love your little town. Enjoy the early mornings of fresh coffee and bagels and the charming trip to the farmer's market (for now). :o)