Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Hard to Soft

Count with if you will the number of days left until d-day. The day that in reality holds no significance b/c everyone says she'll come when she wants! However, I saw the midwife today and her words were "maybe we'll have this baby next week" then she checked my cervix(sorry for the mention of body parts in a blog...I think that's a little weird) and said maybe two weeks! Which if you're keeping up with the ticking baby to your right you would deduce that 2 weeks would be right around my due date!
As I left the hospital with feelings of excitement and impatience all at once, I thought to myself, "self this baby is just like her father, always sticking to schedules." She probably has a little to do list in there that she checks off each day.
August 28,
1. kick mommy, check
2. give her indegestion, check
3. get hiccups at 3:30 am, check
And on September the 10th her list probably reads, be born.
I am afraid that she is not coming a moment sooner...it's not on the schedule!

9 comments:

Renee said...

Oh Carly... you are too much. I miss you. How many times can I tell you this? I had such a bad day at school. I could have used a parent impression today. These next couple of weeks are going to fly right by. Pack your bag... she's a comin soon!

Jeff, Katie and Gabby said...

I know that you don't know me! I am a sorority sister of Erin's! But, I just had to say that September 10th would be a wonderful day for Baby to come! Gabby and your baby would share the same birthday!

Erin said...

never the less, she's coming sooooooon! oh so fun that my friend Katie posted - she's super sweet. i was glad to get an update today from you. i will call you tomorrow with my update- girl, it's going to be sooooo soon for you!!!!!!!!!

MommyB said...

Even if she's late you'll still be like, "Kev, we're having a baby!!!" Avery was 2 days overdue when my water broke in late evening and we were still like, oh my gosh, she's really coming. Enjoy the last few days before she comes, make some great memories, and I can't wait to see that beautiful girl with her amazing parents.

Melanie said...

I miss you Car!

Kathy Harris said...

Hi Carly,
I know you are excited (and probably anxious) about baby Libby's arrival. I've been thinking about you...have you gotten those vibes? Your postings are most enjoyable. Can't wait to hear that the baby has arrived. Love from Aunt Kathy

The Old Life said...

Carly!

Libby could be born on my b-day! Sept 11th!

I cant wait to see her!

When you visit if you ever get a chance i'd love to get some pics of her!

Congrats Carly and Kevin in advance! :)

Ashley

Jennifer said...

Thank you for the sweet and true note. I miss you as well!

Amy White said...

You are too much Sister! You really have never been to good with the anticipation part of waiting...Christmas morning, your birthday...She's coming so make sure you are ready. Whatever day, it will be a great day! Love you.