Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Hiccups!

So our sweet little daughter is very stubborn, she is turned the wrong way.
To encourage her to turn, I'm suppose to do these crazy inversion exercises that require me to lay upside on an ironing board that is on an angle for 30 minutes a day...they don't feel good. I'm also suppose to envision her head down...really????? I don't think that they are working because she keeps getting hiccups and I can feel them up by my ribs and my midwife told me if I felt hiccups up top then that meant she was not facing the correct direction!!!! I guess I'm not envisioning the way that I should! So....if these exercises and envisionings don't work, I have to go have her turned. I have heard that this can be a painful procedure and has some risks. Pray that she cooperates and turns on her own. We have about 2 1/2 weeks to get her to go south on her own. I would be much obliged!

7 comments:

Teri said...

I will pray every day that she turns, and quickly! Have you check out a chiropractor?

jake said...

YES, chiropractic is supposed to have a really good technique for that which is 99 percent effective and comfortable...check it out natural mama! ps-your new house is the cutest ever, i LOVE it! love, heather

Kari said...

I will pray for you. I cannot wait until she comes.

Erin said...

maybe you should fly home to see Trudy :) I will totally be praying, Car. Miss you and trust that God has this all worked out!

Melanie said...

Dear God,
please allow little libby to cooperate so her sweet mommy can have a beautiful (and little painful) natural delivery!
AMEN

Melanie said...

hopefully the gift card starbucks is sending me will be a good one.
i remember the tzatziki sauce you made at the Bidwells's was really yummy!

MommyB said...

Maybe if you play some fun music lil Libby will start grooving and rolling and end up upside down. Hopefully everything will go smoothly. I know about a month before Avery was due she was totally wrong side up, but the drs weren't too worried. She'll know when the time is right and if not it sounds like you have some great support. :) Best of luck