Thursday, May 29, 2008

Goodbye Mrs. Jones, Hello Mommy!

So, yesterday was my last day of being an art teacher for a while, and today is my first day of being a stay at home mom. I have been repressing all tears and emotions for fear that if I truly think about all of these changes I'll loose myself to them. Yesterday, when everyone else was busy saying long goodbyes for the summer, I scheduled myself a hair appointment and left quickly. I have made sweet friends at work and goodbyes can be awkward and sad so I chose to not deal with any of it.
Last week my homeroom students gave me a baby shower on the last day of class for them. they are the sweetest kids and I love them all dearly, here are some pics from our fun morning! No sad goodbyes with them either, I shuffled them into their cars at car line and off they went for the summer!

The Cake, with one piece gone already
Me eating the piece that was gone already
Opening gifts in front of the kids, so they all could see!
Me and Austin, the tallest boy in my class (and FBA's middle school). He is 13, one of his feet is the same length as both of mine together. He gave Libby the pink bunny along with a few other goodies.

Here is shot of some of the kids eating their cake. It was so precious b/c kids from other classes came too and were really excited to see all the baby girl stuff!

Opening Evan 's gift first, he made me promiseHere is my entire class, left to their own devices

And here we are together. As soon as they could see my belly poking out a few months ago they all loved touching it. It was really funny in the morning, b/c I would have make them sit down, they all wanted to be right where I was all at once!

2 comments:

Tessa said...

that is so cute!!!!!!!!!!!!

Laura said...

Happy 100 days until baby!