Saturday, May 17, 2008

An Evening of the Arts

Thursday night I was part of a committee that planned an evening that showcased the art work of Christian artist with in one community. We have been planning this event for months and at times I was involved very little. I was mostly in charge of student work, which if I don't say so myself was pretty impressive.
At one of the last committee meetings I realized that if I didn't enter myself as an artist, not just part of the planning team, I was really going to miss out, so at the last minute I committed to completing three paintings for this creative event.
Seeing how busy we have been over the last few weeks it was a bit foolish of me to enter paintings that I had not painted yet. However, after a week of little sleep, I am happy to say that I finished all three. I have a bad habit of giving my art away, so Kevin and my friends made me promise not to compromise the set price for these pieces that I had decided on. I didn't sell the pieces at the event, but they are still for sale if anyone fancies owning them. They are titled Fallen, Growing, and Restored. I will sell them all for $500 or separate the smaller pieces are $150 and the center piece for $220. Fortunately, I am pleased with the way they turned out and they match my house nicely, so if they never sell it will be okay, they'll go to good use!


All three together $500

Growing $220

Fallen $150

Growing $150

5 comments:

Sandra said...

You really are a very talented artist - I'm sure you could make money in some kind of artistic way. I particularly like the red rose bud.

/// said...

OMG your work is so lovely!!!

orlando cabrera said...

You rock girl...awesome stuff! God Bless You.

orlando cabrera said...

You rock girl...awesome stuff! God Bless You.

SlimTronic5000 said...

Ummm.. so.. Yeah.... these pieces are pretty much amazing. I'm sad it took me so long to view them! You're incredible, Car!