Sunday, November 4, 2007

If I Wasn't Here

This week a really, really polite woman(note extreme sarcasm), said that I obviously hate my job...I don't hate my job. I love teaching art, who wouldn't really; there are aspects of my job that I don't like much, you know the stuff about my job that aren't just teaching people about art. At the end of the day it is a pretty cool career. Here's the thing though, I've been going to school my entire life. It makes me wonder all the time what other people who don't go to school everyday do. So because b/c I was wondering, if I wasn't here in this place teaching kids to use the abilities that God has given each one of them, here are some things I would like to try- with pictures to keep it interesting....

1. A mom (obviously)

2. When I was around 10, I wanted to drive a purple big rig and be a truck driver. I still think it's a cool job, it's a great way to travel and your the biggest automobile on the road, but I don't drive that well in a regular size car, let alone one bigger than my first three houses
3. A zoo keeper
4. A circus performer, preferably a trapeze artist
5. A professional painter

6. A cake decorator like this

7. A florist
8. A National Geographic Photographer

If you weren't here, where ever you are, what would you be?

5 comments:

Tessa said...

I LOVE this blog!

Sandra said...

I always though a good job to have would be a presenter on a Travel programme - imagine getting paid to visit all the exotic locations around the world!

Laura said...

I think that I would be on the Food Network. I think that it is the perfect job for me. :)

Adrienne's Art said...

What a great thought ... I would probably do all the things you listed (minus trucking) rather than teach. Some people may disagree, but teaching is a hard job. It's exhausting, frustrating, very little pay, not to mention emotionally draining. I love reading your blog!

WhoAmI? said...

Hey there Carly Jo! You know, Duff Goldman and Charm City Cakes made our wedding cake. Crazy, huh? Of course, it was long before they were so big and famous.