Monday, October 15, 2007

My New Favorites

One of the great things about being married to guy from another country is that he has no interest in American sports. This is great for me b/c I have very little interest in watching any sports. However, he is interested in his own countries sports and I have to say that I enjoy them too. Last summer we were all wrapped in the Soccer(Football to the rest of the world)World Cup,until England got knocked out! The last couple of weeks we have been all about World Cup Rugby. This sport I must admit I knew nothing about until watching it with my beloved. It's all shoves, tumbles, and dives, mixed with blood, sweat, and tears. Plus, it's entertaining to watch. We have made the long trip to South Naples for the last two weekends to watch among Kev's country men at "The Old English Pub" and despite the pay per view not working this past Saturday when England beat France, we plan to head back down to watch England's finest play in the FINAL on Saturday

God save the Queen!



2 comments:

Rick said...

Hey! Just found your blog...(this is Rick Kilcup). One of my best friends in college was from New Guinea and loved rugby. Taught a bunch of us Americans how to play...lots of fun; great pictures.

Art Teacher said...

Awesome...unfortunately England lost the final to South Africa, they were tough!