Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Rabbits

 "Mommy, why do I have to get big?"
"Well honey, it's just the way it is."
"But when can I get earrings?"
This was the conversation I had with her at bedtime tonight.
 These pictures were taken last week after we spotted a billion rabbits hopping around the neighborhood.  Really there was only 4, but to her they were everywhere.  She was singing a song about them and dancing.

 She was talking about the cats that would sneak up on them and kill them.  She was trying to sneak up on them to them about about that cats that would kill.
 And then she would sing the song again...It was one of the funniest things I've ever seen.  She talked  to and about the rabbits for a good 20 minutes.   She wasn't really talking to me.  I don't know who she was talking to, she just talked, in the middle of the driveway, about rabbits.
For the record,
Right now she talks about her button arrow (bow and arrow) all the time.
Always, always, if she is naughty, she tells me about Buzz and how he was naughty.  For example, yesterday she cleared her bookshelf for no apparent reason. She emptied everything onto the floor, resulting in a consequence.  When I tucked her in for her nap she said that she put Buzz in a time out because he threw all of his toys off  of his book shelf...then she laughed.
She also has one volume when she talks to you about something she is passionate about.  Example, tonight in Walmart I am certain that the ENTIRE store knows that the box of Frosted Flakes has pictures of the Lmypics (Olympics) on them.
She is one special girl.  If you take the time to just listen to her you will find that 95% of what she says is not only very clever, but absolutely hilarious...The other 5% percent is whining and or crying which would take this post in a whole different direction if I elaborate on that.
 While I'm putting things down for the record, Maggie is the sweetest girl I know.  We have gone a whole week with out nursing.  Sad as it is that she is growing up, it was time for us to be done and I feel proud of her that letting it go went so smoothly.
Now, when she starts to get tired rubs the back of my arms and lays her head on my chest and I know its time fir her to rest...seriously, sweetest girl I know.

We have a big deal coming up this weekend.  My Little will be going to my parents house for a couple of days WITHOUT me so that she can attend VBS.  I don't want to say that I'm freaking out about it, but I"M FREAKING OUT ABOUT IT.  Glad I got that off my chest.  I know she will have a blast, but I'm so nervous to be here in the evening with out her.  It will give Mags and I some one on one time, which we have never had.  We may not even know what to do with each other.

Pray for me, this is a BIG, HUGE deal for us!
Life is full of first, and celebrating them and commemorating them.  Staying with Babs and Grandad should be a fun one.

Grace and Peace
xox

3 comments:

Sandra said...

I can't believe you have actually agreed to Libby going away for a few days without you!
I'm sure she will have a great time and she can tell Babbette and Grandad all about the cats chasing the rabbits - that girl has such a wonderful immagination.
Hope you and Maggie really enjoy your one to one time as well.

Sandra said...

I can't believe you have actually agreed to Libby going away for a few days without you!
I'm sure she will have a great time and she can tell Babbette and Grandad all about the cats chasing the rabbits - that girl has such a wonderful immagination.
Hope you and Maggie really enjoy your one to one time as well.

Sandra said...

Sorry to dissapoint you but you don't really have 3 comments on this post - not quite sure how it came up twice!