Friday, June 1, 2012

Fish and Chips at Sunset


The last time we were here I discovered something of  great value. That is, fish and chips taste better when eaten on the beach at sunset.  Last Saturday night we unwrapped  large squares of butcher paper filled with vinegar soaked chips and piping hot cod.

I can't be sure about this, because I can't recall ever ordering fish and chips in a restaurant, but eating them on the beach in the company of good friends  and family must help it taste better.


Nights like this one make me absolutely incapable of going indoors before the sun sets.  The temperature was perfect and the sun was orange and bright.  The little girls sat still just long enough for family photos in the sand dunes and then they were off.


The tide was low so there was plenty of room to run.  The sun stays up late and long in England this time of year.  Well past 8:00 it is still bright.  So while the good mother in my head tells me to take my children home and put them to bed, the true mother that I am keeps them out past 9 because days like this are too beautiful to waste.



We leave Cornwall tomorrow and I still haven't written about all I need to remember.  I am sad to leave.  There is a laid back beauty here that is different then anywhere else I have ever been.  Maybe writing about it will make feel like I'm still here.
Boo, for leaving Bude.
Hooray, for fish and chips at sunset.

Grace and Peace

1 comment:

Art Teacher's Mom said...

Amazing! I also love the fact that Maggie has on that sweet scarf/hat in almost every photo. :0