Thursday, May 17, 2012

Touch Down

We landed.
I really appreciate Kevin taking this picture of me and then not suggesting that we try it again.
I'm happy to report that we had our smoothest flight to date.  Thank you for praying for us.  Before the captain turned off the fasten your seat belt sign, both little girls were fast asleep.  When they woke for the last 2 hrs of flying time they were all smiles.  Last night was different story, but that is done now and tonight they seem to be catching up with this time zone just fine.
This is a doll house at Kev's grandparents house.  It has tiny towels and wash cloths on that tiny little shelf, plus teeny tiny rolls of toilet paper.  Libby has spent hours playing with it since we arrived here.  Who wouldn't, there is even a tiny tea set, tiny old Toby mugs, and tiny kittens.

We're back in my husband's homeland.  With every step off the jet way I could see a little twinkle in his eye getting brighter and brighter.  Something inside him told him he was home, or maybe it was the captain when he said said "welcome to London, Heathrow, the temperature is a chilly 3 degrees Celsius, but it should warm up nicely for the afternoon."  Whatever it is was, it does us both well to be in this country.
You can't tell from this picture, but the Littlest is chasing a pigeon.  The pigeons in London are as big as chickens .  I think that Mags wants one as a pet.
This is the grandparent's back garden.  It is a little like a Beatrice Potter tale.  Apparently, there is a hedge hog that lives here and every night they are visited by  a certain Mr. Fox. With those red curls I think that if Mags was wearing a pinafore she could easily pass for the little girl in Miss Tiggy Winkle
Obviously for him, it is because he is home.  For me, it automatically takes me back to when I first met him.  When I walk through the double doors at Customs in Heathrow Airport's terminal 5, I can still see him standing there behind the velvet ropes, in his grey hooded sweatshirt waiting for me.  I was a nervous wreck, I didn't know if I should hug him or kiss him or shake his hand or run back to the plane.  As it turns out I didn't have to make that decision.  He threw his arms around me, hugged me and smiled an ear to ear smile.
Libs was so excited to play at this park with her cousins.  You don't need to wiped off your computer screen, there is dirt smudged all over her face.


I am so happy to back here.  Happy to spend time with our family that is watching our girls grow in pictures, happy to have three weeks of vacation time with my husband, happy to be reminded of what it was like when I was 22...just happy.

Grace and Peace
xoxo

2 comments:

Laura said...

Pretty sure Mags grew up on the plane. She looks so old in these photos. Glad you are safe!

Sandra said...

I really wish I could have been at Heathrow to meet you again - Saturday afternoon cann't come soon enough!

Looks like Libby and Maggie have been having fun - especially with the dolls house. I'm afraid Libby is going to be a bit dissapointed with the dolls house I have borrowed for her to play with! Just have to hope the weather is OK and you can be out and about on the beach or the cliffs most of the time.

Have a good time in Bristol.