Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Libby and Maggie's Never Ending Summer

Photobucket
I made myself buy pumpkins this week.  I also bought a pumpkin spice latte, two cans of Libbie's  pumpkin, and the makings for cheeseburger soup...I did all these things to try and help me move on from the glorious summer we've had.  I decided that as long as I'm not pregnant, summer is my favorite season.  I'm sad to see it go.
We kissed our summer goodbye with a  bang and spent a fantastically, relaxing week at the beach with  friends.
Photobucket
I really like this family photo, but why, oh why didn't someone encourage me to do something to tame my hair down.
I wanted to stay.
I didn't want to leave.
Photobucket
In lieu of me not wanting to leave and wanting to move into our little cottage at the beach this post will contain millions pictures of our time there and the stories in between.
For our first story I bring you Maggie and the sea gull
Photobucket

She squealled at him passionately then turned to the crowd and encouraged us to clap for him
Photobucket
Or maybe she wanted us to clap for her? Whatever the reason, we all clapped and she felt like her work for the day was done.
Photobucket

 Next Story
See Libs
Photobucket
See Libs run.
Photobucket

See Libs at the beach.
Photobucket

See Libs laugh.
Photobucket

See Libs run and laugh at the beach.
The End.
Photobucket

Much to the delight of my husband, we were sandwich between 2 tropical systems during our stay.  This meant that everyday he and his long lost girlfriend got to go out and play together.
Photobucket

And everyday, I carried the girls to the water's edge so that they could catch a glimpse of the boy their Daddy used to be. Really beneath that strong, provider exterior, he still is that boy.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket
Before Kev met me, he used to travel to wonderful places to go surfing, so when he gets a chance to go, even if the waves are small, it makes me so happy for him...I harbor some guilt that b/c of me his favortie past time is on the back burner.
Photobucket

This is Maggie's beach hair.
It is luscious and I couldn't help but run my fingers through it all day long.
That's all I have to say about that.
Photobucket

One of my girlfriends once described Libby as a little fairy that the boys can't help but follow.  It is kind of true, but not in a falling over their feet in love kind of way, in a Pied Piper sort of way....She just kind of leads them into mischief and they follow.
Photobucket

This is her and Maggie and all the boys.  My girls are heavily out numbered for now.  Libs loves them all...when we got home she kept saying "Mommy, where are da boys?"
Photobucket

This is Charlie, and while she doesn't show open favoritism, I do believe there is a  twinkle in her eye when she talks about this one ;)

Photobucket

There always has been,
but please don't mention this to Caleb, or Aiden, or Robbie :)
Photobucket

And b/c I have no story to go with these, and I surely haven't include enough pictures yet, here are a few more
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Seriously, someone just hand me a pony tail holder, a scarf, a visor, anything to tame my lioness-like main

Photobucket

These pictures are of Libby searching for shells...just so you know, it's late as usual and my creative writing skill are running low.
Photobucket

Keep the one on the right, chuck the one on the left.
Photobucket

Show this one to Maggie, "ya see it Mags?  Iss- a shell, iss beau-ful!"
Photobucket

"Look Daddy, look at my shells!  Can I keep um?"   
Please don't pass by this picture until you examine the sheer bounty that is my Littlest's thigh!
It's fabulous.
Photobucket

And these pictures are of Maggie being 8 months old.
Photobucket

How did that happen?  Did I say that last month?  I really mean it this month, b/c the day past by and I didn't even realize it!
For the record.
8 months old=4 teeth, napping shockingly bad, cruising, loves Mommy but lights up when she sees Daddy, laughs uncontrollably at Libby and interacts with her regularly, loves green beans and blueberries.  Still makes a funny little noise when she sees Trouble and cries at loud noises including but not limited to Gus's bark.  Still nuzzles her head in my chest and still smiles with her whole body, still makes my heart melt when I see her.
Photobucket

One day our children rebelled against us when we tried to lay them down for naps, so we carried them to the beach and laid them in the sand. 
Photobucket
We covered them with beach towels and the crashing  waves lulled them to sleep.
I looked over at Kev and told him "this, is perfect." 
Photobucket
While the stars didn't aline like this every day, that moment on the beach with my family was my favorite of the whole week, and maybe of the whole summer.
Photobucket

Goodnight summer...
Photobucket
Hello fall.
Grace and peace
xxx

7 comments:

Sandra said...

Where you up all night adding so many lovely photos of your week at Virginia Beach?

And another question - if it is OK for Maggie to have "beach hair" why do you think yours should be tamed?

Jill said...

I LOVE THESE PICTURES! I am seriously going to get the first black and white one printed for my office. Give my girls kisses for me. I miss them oh so much.

Lisa said...

beach hair is the BEST hair!!! i think it looks cute! these photos are so so sweet and i'm so glad you got to spend time together, all four of you, surrounded by friends!!! the first black and white of the girls should be on a travel brochure. it's adorable.

Jenn said...

Oh, Car, I LOVE all of the beach pictures! You are a beautiful Mommy. You are such a wonderful expample to this Mommy who is learning as I go...you amaze me. Love you, my friend.
Jenn

Jan said...

Carly all the pictures are great and the girls are gorgeous. You definitely need to enter Maggie's picture with the crooked smile in a contest. She will win, hands down!!!

Jennifer said...

Love all the pictures of your week at the beach! Looks like you had a great time! WOW! Maggie has gotten so big in the last two months - and where did all that hair come from??? Seeing all these pics and reading about your journey of motherhood makes me want to come see you again! I am so thankful for the opportunity to visit with you and to catch glimpses into your life. The kids still talk about Trouble and Baby Maggie =) Thanks for sharing your life with all of us!

Lisa A said...

Oh. My. Goodness. I am a total sucker for sisters in matching outfits! They are too cute!