Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Midnight With Maggie

Photobucket
It is nearly midnight.
I'm feeding Maggie.
I still need a shower.
I have so many pictures to attach  to words in this space that I have started 4 different posts tonight and have yet to make sense of any of them.
Photobucket
I started this one b/c I just have to write down (again) how wonderful it is to hold her.  She locks eyes with me and wraps her little hand around mine and won't let go.  When her tummy is full to the brim, she sinks into my chest and nuzzles her head back and forth, while making the most spectacular baby noises, then she gets to just the right spot and drifts off to sleep.

Photobucket
I'm telling you if it was possible I would hold her all day long...that is how great it is.  Ahhh, life, responsibilities you rob me of these moments.  Why must you always get in the way of the truly wonderful things?  Why do you move so fast?  Slow down with us, so that I can fully appreciate each moment with my baby.
Sigh.

Photobucket
It is past midnight now.
I laid Maggie in her cradle and her eyes are heavy and ready for rest.
I stopped typing a moment ago and took a shower.
Hello bed.
Good night world.

Grace and peace.
xoxo

2 comments:

Jill said...

Chunky face. I love her.

Sandra said...

I really think she is smiling now and she is just as beautiful as her big sister.