Sunday, February 6, 2011

Quick Post...It's Never A Quick Post

I started this post about 3 days ago, when Google informed  me that I had used up all of my space for pictures.  I felt helpless, like what is this blog worth if there are no pictures of the little cherubs below...I'll tell you what it would be, the empty words of a some-what crazy housewife, and that is putting it lightly.  So, after a  little research,voila!  Pictures!  Whew, I thought I was going to have to get really interesting in my writing... 

Photobucket
Wednesday we sent our sweet Grandma back to the mother land.  Three weeks of parental help allowed my body to heal properly and allowed me to bond with my baby in the way that I should.  Thursday and Friday were difficult for us both when we realized that we couldn't spend the majority of the day looking at each other. 
I wanted to title this post something like "It's In the Bag," or "Piece of Cake," when  actually the more appropriate title would be something like "I'm Not Ready For Two, Oh Wait, I Have Two," or "I'm Holding It Together By A Very Thin Thread."  This is a picture of my bedroom after two days of being on my own...

Photobucket

I'm not sure how this happened, since Grandma made sure all the laundry was done before she left.  I do know that after I dug a little hole out the piles of clothes that needed to be put away it was nearly lunch time and  I realized that we needed to get dressed and go for a walk.  My original goal was to make it to the end of our road.  I have always held fast to the belief that a little fresh air does everyone a bit of good, and you know, it did for us, and we made it all the way around the neighborhood loop.
I can check that off my list.  Yes, I can walk around the block with both girls and the dog and make it home in one piece.
Now, about my Littlest.  Tomorrow she will be one month old.  Time is a wicked and beautiful thing.  In the 4 weeks I have known Maggie Bell I have learned that she only cries when she is hungry, sometimes she furls her brow at you like she doesn't like that last thing you just said to her, you can get lost in her deep blue eyes only to find yourself hours later wondering where your afternoon went, and (this is my favorite thing) she smiles in her sleep.  English Grandma claims that newborn babes can't smile yet and it is most likely  trapped wind, but I declare and stand firmly by this declaration that I am sure that she smiles because she is dreaming of something wonderful.   

Photobucket


If I was going to tell you something about her sister, it would be that she is my wild one, there is no mistaking that fact. I am sure that  I've always  known this about her and though I find it challenging some days, I can't imagine her any other way.
Photobucket

Some times she "roars her terrible roar" and I feel like I must be doing this mothering thing completely wrong.  Then she'll do something completely enchanting like fix me a cup of imaginary tea, and I melt,  and think no matter how hard that last moment was, this cup of imaginary tea fixes everything.
Photobucket
As for this post that was supposed to be quick, they are never quick these days.  It is quarter past midnight and while I'm sure I've wasted time typing misspelled words and run-on sentences, I have provided a couple pictures that I hope communicate that I love this life, with these two girls and their Dadue, even on days when I am buried in laundry.


Photobucket

I'm off to bed...I will be dreaming that all washing is done and put away in the proper place and like my Littlest, I will be smiling in my sleep, of  this I am sure.

Grace and Peace

xoxo

5 comments:

Laura said...

yes. those to little ones are growing up way way way too fast.

love you

lisa winter said...

don't worry...the only thing any of us are drawn to in the bedroom photo is that maggie is looking right up at the camera saying "it's okay, mommy, don't worry about the laundry. it's all good. thanks for loving me, that's what matters." life is good, eh?

Anonymous said...

Sadly my bedroom looks just like that most days and I don't have a 2 year old and a new born...
Love the poats and all the pictures!
Jan Mc

Amy White said...

Thanks for posting pics of these sweet, little girls...love Libby and Maggie. Her dress is adorable w/ the hat! She looks so content and sweet. Kisses and hugs from Meme/Mimi and the Cousins!!!

Anonymous said...

Dry penis sizegenetics Dry and flaking sizegenetics of the penis can often lead to soreness if left untreated. Dry sizegenetics can occur because the result of friction from sex or from sensitivity to certain cleansers also, the sizegenetics that are often found in condoms. Treating the sizegenetics employing a moisture-rich formula (shea butter is often recommended by dermatologists for sensitive penis sizegenetics) can help to keep the sizegenetics smooth and supple so to retain its natural hydration.Penis rash Penis rash, which may result from dry sizegenetics, sensitivity to chemicals like the soaps or sizegenetics, or fungal infections, may cause soreness, itching and discomfort.
http://sizegenetics-reviewx.tumblr.com/