Thursday, February 10, 2011

Odd Genetic Traits

I have been trying to write a cohesive post since yesterday with this hodge podge of pictures and it's just not rolling the way I want it to.
Do you remember this picture?  I've posted it before.  Those tiny toes below have grown, but I had to post it b/c it reminds so much....

Photobucket

...of these tiny toes that I shot just yesterday.  Apparently, one sock on and one sock off is part of our children's genetic make up, or new born socks just never stay on any baby feet  ...
.Hmmmm...moving right along.
Photobucket

I don't know how this picture slipped in this group, except that I wanted to show you that she still makes this face, like she is thinking really hard about something.  She gets that little crease above her eye, and she looks really mad about it.  When actually she's generally a happy girl.
Photobucket


No, they aren't all looking at the TV.
I don't know what your talking about.
Stop judging me.
Yes, she eats broccoli all the time.
I would never let my kids and dog watch movies all day. It would surely turn little minds to mush,  and I would certainly not feed them chocolate in order to ensure angelic behavior.
I was actually just out of this shot teaching them Greek and whipping up a batch of flax seed and vegetable soup.
Photobucket
I wasn't yelling in that last blurb, I was just being overly passionate about our daily activities.  By the way, is it just me or does my dog resemble a rug?

Photobucket
Back to the post that had no rhythm.
No matter how many ounces are attached to those 10lbs she is now, when I hold her she still feels small in my arms.  Look, one armed. I can take pictures, I can do the dishes, I  can sew another quilt...

Photobucket

Yes, I made another quilt.  A small one, for my small one.  I cut this one out before Maggie was born from scraps I had from another project so that I could make her a crib quilt.  Libby and I actually quilted it yesterday so now all I have to do is bind it...
Quilt #2, done!
I also finished the Little's baby book.  It is ordered and on its way to us as I type.  I'm starting the Littlest's asap so that it doesn't take me 2 1/2 years to complete.  
As for the 27 other projects I have on the go right now, well nap time only lasts so long and someone besides my husband needs to productive around this old house.
Photobucket


Back to what I was writing about. Was I writing about anything?  Or just stringing random things together?  What I was trying to say is, little babies grow way to fast.  I think that because the Littlest feels so small, my Little feels huge, like there is no way possible that she was ever  that tiny. 
Photobucket

I found my videos of Libby (the early years) the other night and I didn't even feel like I was watching her, I felt like it was Maggie.  It made me a little a sad. Does that mean I'll forget what it feels like with Maggie right now?  Am I going to forget that holding her in the middle of the night, while everyone else is sleeping, is actually one of my favorite times of the day?  Am I going to forget how incredible it has been watching these two girls fall in love with each other the way that only sisters can do?
Photobucket


And while I'm wondering does that mean one day I'll forget what it is like to have a two year old who tells me about the tigers that are outside our windows? She said that she was squared (scared) of them, until her Dadue came to bedtime and assured her that if they came in our house Gussy boy would save us, and with that word from her Prince Charmin (all the Prince Charmings from all stories are Dadue to her) fell happily asleep.
Photobucket

That is why I go on and on about them, about us, in this space, so that when I have a spare minute I can go back and read about every single first, every single big day, every single ordinary day.  I don't want to forget things like,  Trouble kept a distant but watchful eye on Maggie one Wednesday afternoon.
Photobucket

I don't want to forget that even though she doesn't know any words her words yet, her eyes yell at me and tell me to look into them while they are willing to stay locked on my own.
Photobucket

I don't want to miss a thing...
Even if it means taking 27 shots of her sleeping and posting every single one b/c I can't decide which one she looks more delicious in...
That thing her mouth does when she sleeps is absolutely captivating. I  just kept clicking.  It was actually involuntary after several minutes, and after each one I would stop and say "Babe, just look at her."
Then he would say, "oh, look at that one, almost just like the last, but yeah, she's pretty cute."
You decide which one you like the best, scroll through, but I have to say that her mouth in the last one is pretty spectacular.
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Okay...I don't think I came up with anything ground breaking in this post.  Just more words from this girl, who somehow is a mama now, and is positively in love with her babies.

I'm off to make sure the windows are locked so the tigers can't get in and I might just take another picture of Maggie sleeping.

Grace and Peace
xoxo

4 comments:

Sandra said...

I hope Gus is keeping the tigers under contol - it's a good job I didn't bring him back in my luggage because Trouble would have been scared of those tigers too!
I love all the new pics especially the one of the two girls with their heads together. I keep thinking I'll print that one off and frame it but then another one appears and I just can't decide which I want.
Don't think I am complaining that there are too many pictures on your blog - it is perfectly OK to give me this problem!

Jill said...

I love the picture of Libby holding Mags hand and it looks like Maggie is really listening. It made my eyes get all teary. I can't wait to smooch my favorite little babes.

Andrea said...

I can definately imagine your days as I think they resemble mine. I can't believe you already got another quilt done! I'm impressed! Some days I'm really afraid that these are the best days of my life and they are passing too quickly. Then other days I feel like I'm losing my mind, and I need to get out of the house ASAP. So that's where I am I guess- happy and losing my mind. :)

Lisa A said...

So many of these pics I thought you snuck in some of the Little instead! I love seeing the one sock on one sock off. Totally remember reading about it in posts about Libs! I am in awe of you that you got a quilt, and a book done! Liv's scrapbook is stuck on like the first week of her life still!