Tuesday, January 25, 2011

We Got Mail

Is it just me, or is everyone having babies? 
My cousin's wife and I were pregnant together and originally were due to have our babies within a day of each other.  God had different plans for us though, sending Baby Jackson several weeks early, and Little Maggie a week late.  Baby Jackson was born with a "magic chromosome" (as I've heard it referred to here ) and his sweet Mom, Becky, has bravely typed out their story on a new family blog here.

Baby Jackson's Grandma, my Aunt Di, sent us a package yesterday and guess what came in it...


These sweet little Nella Cordelia Mary Jane's  that were made to support the Oneder Fund .  Click on that link and read all about it, it is one of my favorite stories.  Aunt Di said that Maggie could wear them in honor of Nella (I've been reading about Nella for a year now) and Baby Jackson, and we are doing so with pride.  We love the new little shoes and are so honored to wear them for sweet Jackson...I can't wait for our two little ones to meet.
Our family is big huge, and over the years it has always been fun to watch the different generations grow up together.  I love the fact that in a couple years when my uncles, aunts, and cousins are sitting around trying to remember how old Maggie is, or when her birthday falls, they'll say something like, "she's the same age as Jackson, born right after him I think."
Aunt Di also sent the Little a princess hat which she thought looked good on Gussy Boy.  Gussy Boy had other feelings I think...

All is well in the Jones household.  English Grandma is busying herself with the Little, keeping her busy with movies, and treats, and romps outside despite the 20 degree temps we've been having.   It has been a blessing to have extra help and I'm happy to report that everyone's mood has  improved since my last post.

I'm also happy to report, as if there was any doubt, that my Littlest seems to be getting cuter every day!
I'm a little concerned about that wrinkle above her right eye, I'm thinking about introducing her to a anti- aging wrinkle cream early...

I also need to share this picture b/c babies are really cute when they sleep.  I particularly like pictures of my babies sleeping b/c they do really special things with their lips that make me want to kiss them and wake them up. Mmmmwah! Right on the kisser!
And then there is this last picture that is over a week old now, but I needed  to share it because I want to squeeze both of them till they pop when I see it.  Their faces make me melt like a stick of Paula Dean's butter in a church social casserole!  The truth is we were trying to take family pictures on our own and they were both totally over it...however, they might look indifferent, but they are not crying, so it could be worse than indifferent.  Indifferent or not I'm still melting!

Here's to sweet babies...Mine, yours, and the ones we don't know.  They are all precious gifts!
Grace and Peace
xoxo

5 comments:

Jill said...

I LOVE my gals rosy cheeks. I want to kiss them soon. And Mags sweet little face. I love it so much. Oh and of course baby Jackson of which I live on the same street and get to snuggle any time I want to(Not to brag, simply to guilt you into moving closer to MD for the sake of me have a constant snuggle fest with my sweet girls).

Diane said...

I can't wait either for Maggie & Jackson to meet. Love the Nella shoes picture!

Amanda said...

Ohhhh I love the baby chubs. Especially now that I have quite a chubby bunny, I "get" what the fascination is with baby fat. She truly is just like butter. :) I hope things stay going well!

Jan said...

Oh Carly, your girls are so sweet. I love Maggie's lips. I hope she makes all the cute faces Libs did.
Glad Kevin's mom is there to help out and enjoy her granddaughters. Enjoy!

Becky said...

Don't know how I missed this post the other day...but cannot wait for our two 2010 babies to meet. Jackson is wiggling all over the place getting ready to play with Maggie!