Monday, January 10, 2011

The Permission Slip

After I had Libby, I was determined to show the world that I could do it.  I could become a new Mom and still maintain my "normal" with out missing a beat.  I paid for it in the end, b/c those fleeting moments you have with your newborn come so fast that if you blink you will miss them, which in some ways I did.  I did not give myself permission to wear pj's every day while I had extra help around the house, I did not lay in bed with my baby for hours on end, I didn't let everyone do the work for me...BUT, this time I am.  I am giving myself the permission to drink in my baby, while she so easily sinks into my chest.   
I have oodles of pictures to share, but for some reason I want to do them in chronological order, so for now, I'll leave these couple from before we headed home with our Littlest.
If these 4 aren't enough you can  go here, click on view my photos, then enter the password 010711maggie to see the hospital pictures...


Grace and Peace
xoxo

9 comments:

Beth K said...

psalm568Oh my goodness, she is so darling! I can't wait to see her again! I'm hoping to have your pictures done in the next 2-3 days (are you waiting on me to post?) I have over 150 for you and will edit about half of those. I'm probably slightly over half done with the edits. Can't wait for you to see them! PS- I did get your message yesterday. I just didn't want to call back and interrupt the homecoming or time with Libby. I'll call tomorrow!

Jennifer said...

Beautiful little girl Carly! I think she looks a lot like Kevin! So happy for you all! Love to you 4!

TeamWhitehead06 said...

Congrats friend! She is so precious!
I'm so happy for you guys! I can't wait to meet her!

Erin said...

You can go to the website where you will see Carly looking like a model approximately 2 hours (ok, maybe like 10 hours) after giving birth. No one really looks like that. So, while Carly is saying she's allowing herself to sit in her PJ's... I am not buying it. We all know how fashionable she is ... that's the way she rolls. Kidding, Car. Love you and love Mags and am SO SO SO beyond thrilled.

Melanie said...

Best Hospital pictures I have ever seen. Of course, not every baby is as photogenic as Mags. I am glad you finally posted, I was thinking of txting you today to tell you that I needed to see more pics of her! :)
much love

Andrea said...

Ohhhh my gosh how cute are all these pics!!!!! LOVE her little hat! Yes enjoy every minute you can of those first weeks falling in love with your new one! IT's the BEST!! She's beautiful- your whole fam is!

Diane said...

So adorable! Love the hat and her Maggie shirt. Yes, you do look like a model.
Love, Aunt Di

Amanda said...

You have such cute babies! I think she looks just like your hubby! Is she holding a doll? LOL And I love her little hat! Oh my goodness. I know what you mean, too...drink her in, girl. It goes by even faster the second time around. :-(

Amy White said...

Love her so much and haven't even met her!!! I really like the new design at the top of your blog page. The pics are so sweet. Sid said it reminded her of when she and Alli met Christian for the first time. Love to you...My Beautiful Sister!!! :)