Sunday, December 12, 2010

December 12th

I have a similar post to this one from two years ago when I had maternity pictures done with Libs...but I love these maternity pictures.  My friend Beth did a beautiful job.

I don't love them b/c I'm vain enough to love pictures of myself, b/c I actually think that I look like Bob the tomato from Veggie Tales with sticks coming out of the bottom (if you have talked with me lately I'm sure I've said this out loud). 
http://www.bethanyleephotography.com/I love them because of the moment they are capturing. I can look back at them and remember what it was like when I carried Maggie.  I can remember how I felt telling Libby about her.   I can remember how hard I was laughing b/c Beth was trying to capture sweet moments between Kev and I but we were actually driving each other nuts.
I love maternity pictures, when I give other pregnant girls advice I always say buy a Moby Wrap and get maternity pics done.  Growing your baby goes so fast and your baby years are for such a short time, I personally want to always remember how precious this time with her is to me.

Speaking of  pregnant people, my cousin Adam and his wife Becky were expecting their first baby Jackson, the day before Mags could potentially come...However, their little guy gave his parents a early Christmas gift and arrived this weekend.  He weighs just 5lbs.  He is spending some time in the NIC unit due to several complications that they are monitoring. I know that it must be awfully scary for his first time parents to here that their brand new baby has complications, so if you think of them tonight could you offer up a prayer on their behalf.
Here's to sweet baby Jackson, may he pack on the pounds like I am these days!

Grace and peace
xxx 

4 comments:

Sandra said...

Please pass on my best wishes to Adam and Becky - I hope little Jackson will be home with them soon.

Kate said...

So beautiful, Carly. And I will certainly send up some prayers for little Jackson.

Lisa said...

It takes special people to work in the NICU. Praying that tender hearted staff surround Jackson and family. Grant gave us an early Christmas gift 3 years ago and started his journey in the NICU as well. All good now, praying the same for Jackson.

Amanda said...

I'll be praying for your cousins.

Sweet pictures, Carly. You look beautiful.

"We were driving each other nuts." LOL Good memories!