Sunday, December 6, 2009

December 6: Baby It's Cold Outside


Seeing that it was the coldest day of the year thus far, we decided to drive to Colonial Williamsburg, to stand outside, for the "Christmas Grand Illumination" today. Grand Illumination is an interesting title since the only illumination that they had during colonial times was candle light, which really isn't that grand when there are people like the Grizwalds all over the place these days. As we shivered in the cold, with literally thousands of other shivering people we waited and waited for something, to be honest I really didn't know what.
By a happy accident Babette and I perched ourselves and the Little (who by the way was wrapped up so snug that Kev called her a slug and mom called her a sausage) up on little bank while G-Dad and Kev went to find hot chocolates. Hours later when they returned with our wintry beverages, a spectacular fireworks displayed erupted directly in front of our perch.
It was amazing.
Hands down best fireworks display I have ever seen and most definitely lived up to the title of "Grand Illumination."
The crowd ooooed.
Libby aaahhhed.
It was fabulous and totally worth the frosty fingers and toes we acquired standing in the 30 degree temps all evening.

5 comments:

Sandra said...

I think I prefer to think of Libby as a sausage, (good enough to eat) rather than a slug, ( a garden pest that I try to destroy).
Glad you all enjoyed the spectacle and survived the cold.

Jill said...

I love fireworks!

Erin said...

I love that you are posting every day. So fun that they did fireworks! I love it!

Lisa A said...

LOVE that last picture! So pretty! Glad I got to see a glimpse of the beauty.

Amy White said...

So much fun!!! I love the "abominable" Libby! :)