Friday, December 4, 2009

December 4: Surely Chrsitmas Isn't About Cookies


Why is it that all I can think about is cookies?
During this season of wonderment shouldn't I be focusing on, I don't know, the birth of the Kings of kings, the Christ Child, God's son?
Nope, not me, I'm thinking about Christmas cookies and how they are ruining my chances of truly liking a picture of myself to put on our Christmas card. My friend, Beth (who is starting her own photography business), took our pictures yesterday. She got some great shots of Libby, who you know is naturally cute :), Kev who is basically a male model, and then me, who really likes Christmas cookies!
I was in no mood to be around people after realizing this fact, but still had to attend small group. The discussion was on self-control. Irony. Thanks for the reminder, as if I needed someone tell me that I need to control myself around Christmas cookies. However, it was also a reminder that I am in control of my attitude. I can choose to be cross and moody or pleasant and thankful for the all the wonderful things in my life.
Lessons learned.
-Give thanks always,
-Re-direct my Christmas focus,
-Just mail the Christmas cards and get over myself!
(Unfortunately, I have no stamps, so that means back to the post office!)

3 comments:

Beth K said...

Carly, you looked beautiful yesterday! I'm sure any evidence of cookie love is only in your head! I hope you found at least one picture you liked!

Sandra said...

I am assuming cookies is sweets and not biscuits, as I first thought, and it would appear, from the picture, that Libby is rather fond of these cookies as well.
I'm sure your friend Beth is right about your love of cookies and I think you should just send them - sorry it means another trip to the dreaded post office though.

Anonymous said...

I don’t usually reply to posts but I will in this case. I’ve been experiencing this very same problem with a new WordPress installation of mine. I’ve spent weeks calibrating and getting it ready when all of a sudden… I cannot delete any content. It’s a workaround that, although isn’t perfect, does the trick so thanks! I really hope this problem gets solved properly asap.