Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Warning: This Post Contains Big Hair


While we were in the mother land I tried to plug my hair straightener in with out the correct converter and it bit the dust. I know all you faithful readers want to here about my cute Little (specifically Cousin Jill and no doubt Grandma) but all I can think about is how big my hair is getting with out it. I'm pretty sure that is a intentional display of my vanity, but there you go, I sometimes am vain.
Last week was basic to be quite honest and although we did attend our first MOPS meeting nothing else monumental happened. Unless of course you count getting a cold from our first MOPS meeting. I spent most of the week just trying to catcht up with something. I suppose it was life I was trying to catch, but it seems we are always chasing life here at our house and rarely, if ever, catch up with it.
So instead of running after the impossible and ever looming responsibilities we abandoned them and took an impromptu trip to the mountains. It just so happened that the mountains we escaped to were the very ones my sister and her little family live in, and as if our escape wasn't already exciting enough, Babette and G-Daddy were there also.
It was cold and rainy all weekend, but that didn't stop us from taking in autumn and all it has to offer us.
Stunning....just stunning.


Edit: Nothing exciting happened except getting her head stuck in a bib...why would I help her when I could take a picture of her gettin frustrated

In your spare time google "Bridge Day" and you will find out that crazy people hurl themselves off this 900 ft high bridge. Kevo and Matt went to watch, and if you know my husband you know he has hopes of taking part in the hurling next year! JK, but he does want US to repel off it! Seriously?

This is the bridge...it is astonishingly high


Kev and Libs checking out the big, tall, crazy bridge

Dear fall, we love when you come around.
Here is my sister...just in case you couldn't tell

and here are our babies...mine looks like a Fraggle

Here they are again looking very much like dessert to me...scrumptious.

It is beautiful where my sister lives, it seems very untouched by most of the world. Even though it was a quick trip, the fresh air and red leaves served us well. We can't wait to go back.
So on that note, where ever you find yourself today, put on a sweater and have a pumpkin spice latte and escape life if only for the 20 minutes it takes to finish your latte, which taste like autumn in a cup.

4 comments:

Beth K said...

Fun times! Though we missed you on Sunday! Where does your sister live? Our cabin this summer was only 10 minutes from that bridge, and we have about 500 pictures of it! Josh had the camera, and apparently, one would not suffice!

Jill said...

THANK GOD you posted some new pictures. I was seriously having withdraws from that Little. I wish that I could have been on the family trip. Love you all so much.

Michele said...

Adorable! And...I love the "fraggle" hat:-)

Erin said...

soooo cute and i love your lion's mane. loved talking to you today!