Sunday, October 25, 2009

There Are Some Things You Can't Plan

Seeing my friend Erin's adorable pictures of little Hope at the pumpkin patch last week made me desire like pictures of my own Little frolicking in fields of orange. Since we were planning a trip to the pumpkin patch last week, I high tailed it over to our local Gymboree with coupon in hand to get an orange and brown outfit, to match the pumpkins of course, and to make our pictures perfect. Upon arrival I sensed it was going to be an "off" day...no smiles to be had, too much sun, a lingering cold and sweater tights and corduroy on a day that really called for shorts and a t-shirt...oh well. We'll mark that off our to do list for the year...
Pumpkin patch in fall clothes...check
I admit that this resembles a smile, but truth be told she was crying moments later
See...
Here she is running away. Trying to hitch a ride home no doubt.

However, a day later after suitable rest and a healthy dose of Tylenol we stumbled onto some good lighting and a package from England and I managed to get these pictures

She was so happy, Grandma sent her a spooky book and chocolate buttons,

life couldn't be better really
If you are a faithful reader of my blog, please cross reference this picture with the previous post)
she grinned a lot
and I grinned because she grinned

As if the day wasn't great enough, she broke into the pantry and dumped out the new box of Aunt Annie's Bunny Friends
She couldn't shove them in fast enough, life was good on this Thursday in particular.

There are some things like sour moods, packages in the mail, and spilled bunnies that you just can't plan for...
I like that, it keeps life interesting.

4 comments:

Lisa A said...

Let me tell you Carly, we had the EXACT same experience at the pumpkin patch. I was soo excited to go and get the best pictures ever to send out to friends and family. Yeah, Liv - not so excited once we got there. She hated the grass, hated the hay, and was most of all scared of the pumpkins! (my blog post about it all to come around that holiday we don't like to mention by name). :) We bought two little pumpkins, and one big one so I could take some pictures at home to supplement! haha. We ended up getting one good one while she was sitting on my legs and clinging to my shirt while I tried to do a back bend to get myself out of the picture! haha. I too had her in longsleeves and leggings on a too hot for that day. Ahhh...the memories! Love these pics of Libs though, cannot wait to see you girls so soon!

Laura said...

the one of her smiling is cracking me up!

Erin said...

Personally I think the one of her running away is hilarious! I mean, those are the pictures that are priceless!! Ha! The pics of her with her goodies is so cute. I love that she broke into the bunnies - hilarious! Hurry up and get here- we miss you!

Melanie said...

owen wasn't into the pumpkin pictures either. we love those bunnies in this house.
so will you be down here too or just Orlando for Thanksgiving?